Home Technical Talk

Maya to Zbrush help

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
tehrobster2 polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys I am trying to import my highpoly to maya so I can make a lowpoly, but when I export my mesh and import it into maya. My mesh looks like this RBMurvf.jpg is there any reason why ?

Replies

• RoxyPox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RoxyPox polycounter lvl 6
    Yikes. Hmm, did you run decimation master by chance? Seems like an awful amount of Tris/Faces even for a high poly.
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Make sure you include an image of what it's supposed to look like :p

Also you might wanna run decimation master and reduce the amount of polygons on your model. If you're gonna make the low poly you don't want that many polygons slowing maya down.
  • tehrobster2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tehrobster2 polycounter lvl 11
    Hey guys I will try that! And here is what its supposed to look like ggEyBKN.jpg
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Might also be that maya is making every age a hard edge, that combined with a maya shader is making it look like that. But converting all the edges on a 7 million polygon mesh will probably crash your maya. Maybe there is an option in zbrush to export with smooth edges (or a certain file type).

Or since it's just a version to get your lowpoly done, I'd say ignore and work with it ;) The main shapes are right, it's just the details that are messed up.