Home Technical Talk

Mudbox: Mirror Issue after Freeze Tranforms

Accipiter
triangle
Offline / Send Message
Accipiter triangle
Currently sculpting in Mudbox 2013 and when rotating the object to the front view, I'm able to use the Grab tool to move parts of the object around.
However, when rotated to the Right or Left side, I'm unable to Grab the same area.

After doing a Freeze Tranformations, I'm able to Grab the area I want in either Orthographic view.
However, now the Symmetry/Mirror of the XYZ for both Local Space and World Space of the object are totally off.
Perhaps because I've accidently moved the object before hand, then started sculpting without first Freezing Tranformations?

Not even sure how to correctly pose the question, but is there a way to correct the Local Space of the Object after a Freeze Transform or even before?

The Translate Tools in Mudbox seem to be very buggy and I've tried to zero everything out, and even slide in X but it doesn't update like Max or Maya would.

Even after I centered the object in Mudbox, Centered the Pivot, then Freezed Transforms, I still don't have a correct representation of Local Space that I use to have before the Freeze Tranform operation.

I'd hate to try to export the model out and lose the sculpting layers, then export back in to restablish my Local Spaces.

Replies

• Accipiter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Accipiter triangle
    Well, just had to get it as close to the Origin as possible then Freeze Transforms again.

It's not exact as to what I had before, but hopefully it's close to a difference of 1.000 and won't be noticable when sculpting.