Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need some critique REALLY badly on 2 characters - pros help please!

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Brandon Kern polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys, I know you are all well known for being the most honest people on here in terms of giving critique and I also know there are a bunch of you who really have years of expertise in character design, so I'm asking for some honest critique.

I'm applying for animation and I have 4 days to decide whether to use my old or my new character. I won't tell you which one is which, but keep in mind that the new one is at a rough stage - probably gave it away oops.

Either way: Choose one and be honest. I personally really like the one without all of the anatomy errors and improperly skewed proportions, but my Dad things otherwise hehe.

26QoK
26QnN

Replies

• Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    The blue design is a lot more appealing in my opinion, what will the characters be doing?
  • Brandon Kern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brandon Kern polycounter lvl 11
    Archanex wrote: »
    The blue design is a lot more appealing in my opinion, what will the characters be doing?

2 action poses and an expression sheet is required so...

The blue one will be probably swinging his lead pipe and probably diving for cover in a fire fight (hes a henchman of an italian mob boss)

The butcher has 2 actions poses where he is dragging a pig across the floor, and the other one is of him chopping up some meat with the enthusiasm of a cartoon lumberjack chopping wood.

Thanks for the reply by the way!