Home Unreal Engine

Vegetation shader issues

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
KMNettelbladt polycounter lvl 8
Right, so I am working on this environment. And is currently in the process of making the vegetation and foliage for the scene.
And I am facing two problems with the shader. This is the first time I make a material in UDK so I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is something very basic.
So this is the scene:

environmentoverview.jpg

And the first problem I have is with how the lighting affects different sides of the grass. Sides of the plane that is being lit is still dark and the other way around.
I have followed several different tutorials, that all address this problem, so I am assuming that it is common, but their result is different from mine.

This is how it looks:
environmentclose.jpg

And the shader:
vegetationshader.jpg

And secondly. I am also trying to get a nice wind-effect on the grass. This works mostly the way it should. Except the wind should not affect the lower parts of the grass. The way the shader is made is so that you can vertex-paint the windeffect on the object. But I am using foliage mode when placing the grass, and as far as I have noticed, you cannot vertex paint these objects (and I don't really want to paint every single plane anyway).
What I have figured myself is that perhaps I could add a mask to the shader itself, but I have not succeded in doing so.

Picture:
windshader.jpg

Anyone know a solution?

Replies