Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Famine - Darksiders - Interpretation

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
Here it something I got super inspired by the Art jam thread and Vigil in general:

1st Update:
wickedlowres.jpg

This is a w.i.p but I couldn't wait to post it as is, I love the back details and am working on the front but don't want to over do It.

Haven't been excited to work on anything and I can't stop going back to it. The idea here is that Famine is living tissue/clothing, so think of a trench coat.

He is like clothing so the head is a hood and the body is a trench coat and the excess skin parts would wrap around the enemy, I'll try to make an animation or something to better represent that or someone could help me out if they wanted to, the collar bones open up and engulf the victim.

Hope I explained this good enough, more soon.
Thanks Vigil and everyone who participated in making Darksiders possible, you guys are crazy inspiring. I finally got around to making something darksiders and I am in love with it.

2Nd Update:
famine2ndupdate.jpg

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know a self bump but meh, I'd like some sort of feed back I am sort of stuck on what to do about the lower part of his would be trench coat.

Update 3: (pose test to see what this will look like.)
    update3.jpg

Thanks peeps rip it up.
  • Roxxor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Roxxor polycounter lvl 9
    I would say to not be afraid of doing stuff that doesn't make 100% sense. You could add additional folds of skin stitched together into a coat over his coat. Give him some sort of glowing life force inside his chest cavity.
    I really like your concept, so I really hate saying this BUT....
    Darksiders re-writes the lore, the 4 horsemen are War, Death, Fury and Strife. Ya I don't know why they did it either. Don't let that deter you, Famine could be an awesome boss that is pissed he got de-throned.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I don't think your treatment is quite working yet, although it's not a bad idea. It might be worth taking a look at the Phantasmagoria enemies from the first American McGees Alice game. It's tough to find a decent screenshot but you can see one a couple of minutes into this video
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caI9xYJ0XTk"]Let's Play American McGee's Alice: 18 - Pale Realm - YouTube[/ame]
    It's a nasty wraith typed thing that floats about in relatively human form and then opens out into a a big flat cape with a head inside.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks roxxor, yea they changed the names, thought I'd do famine anyway and stay on track with the original, nice I was thinking of doing something with his inside glowing when I got around to texturing if I get that far. The de-throned idea did not cross my mind :) good one I'll see what I can incorporate with that.

Thanks jack, I saw those cape floating/wraith head things was cool.
    Sort of similar to what I was thinking of doing with him floating.

And I made a new image so that people get a better understanding of what the general idea was going to be and why I mention that he was living tissue/clothing cause he wraps around the victim as a coat/hood would.