Home Technical Talk

Looking for a 3DSMax workflow/script

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, I am wondering if there is a tool within (or outside) Max that can do the same thing as "F2, a Blender plugin"

Here is what it does:
blenderf2.jpg

Replies

• Bryan Cavett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bryan Cavett polycounter lvl 19
    This script provides the vertex to quad functionality you want but not the rest

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1264129&postcount=15
  • Minato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minato polycounter lvl 5
    Well that script certainly looks interesting, but to me not that practical, case and point, for the first functionality, the only scenario that i can think of that i needed to do that was while recreating the topo of a hi poly in which case Max's 'Extend' tool (Graphite Modeling>Freeform) does more or less the same thing except you need to click drag the vert out to create the new face, which to be honest seems a bit more intuitive to me for that kind of task, for the second/third functionality, as far as i know you can't do what this script does, but again you can achieve the same result through using the Bridge tool in Max...

Hope that helps...
  • MisterSande
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
    well, this tool is extremely useful for complex hipoly (organic) geometry like baroque/historic objects. It is indeed also very usefull for retopoing.

Sadly the "quad from edge" is the one I am wanting the most. Btw thanks for the script Bryan, any chance you could make something like "quad from edge" ?