Home Technical Talk

Smoothing Out Edge Borders in Zbrush?

Inhert
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Inhert polycounter lvl 9
Is there some particular reason why I can't smooth edge borders? I might be wrong on this but I think back in Zbrush 3.1 you used to be able to smooth out the edge borders using the smooth brush. I am able to do this in Mudbox cleaning up artifacts along edge borders after a projection but can't do this in Zbrush. I have to use the move brush to straighten out the edge borders point by point. Is there some new toggle switch I haven't found in Zbrush 4r5 that lets me smooth out edges or has it always been like this? Thanks.

Replies

• Inhert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inhert polycounter lvl 9
    No I haven't tried that option yet but I'll try it. I was thinking of doing it manually with the smooth brush rather than doing it automated so I have more control over smoothing out the border edges as needed.
  • Inhert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inhert polycounter lvl 9
    Someone answered this same question that I asked in Zbrushcentral and kindly replied to it. You should be able to smooth out edge borders in Zbrush by going to your brush menu>smooth brush modifier>min connected (move from 3 to 1). Good to know if you want to smooth out those pesky verts flying all over the place after reprojecting your hi res mesh to new topology.
  • asag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    asag polycounter lvl 2
    yeah, cool!
    I had the same problem
    but it's really work, now I can smooth the edge borders, thanks