Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nitrox's Characters

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
So it was about time i began doing some serious stuff and post it here for you guys to take it apart so i can learn moar!

I'm making 2 characters at the moment, one is a uni project to make a fan art of some famous game and the other just began to take shape yesterday when i did some concepting and began sculpting.

anyway enough talking here's some pics
Zeratul fan art
wip03b.jpg

It's based on blizzard concepts but I took some liberties with it, mainly on the armor because there were different version of it and i mixed and matched.
Still need to add the chestpiece and finish detailing the back of the head but everything is open to changes.

This one is my new character in our Pathfinder rpg campaign... my last one died miserably so i had to invent a new one and got carried away to the point i wanted to make it in 3d...

Quick Concept (of i suck at 2d and i really want to work on that too)matsunekishiroconcept.jpg

and some wips of the sculpt
wip1o.jpg
wip12c.jpg

And her face
wip13r.jpg

I've already noticed quite a lot of mistakes and areas to improve while setting the pics in PS... a quick list is:
Ribcage is too pronounced under the breast area
Arm and forearm needs a lot of work
She might need some hands
Face looks weird but i can't really put my fingers on what's wrong with it
She might also be too slim on the sides above her hips

I'll be fixing those issue tomorrow and any else you gyus might bring up and begin to work on the clothing

Replies

• Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    last minute spam before i go to bed...

wip2iq.jpg
  • GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    Regarding the face: Change up the skull structure. The highest point of the skull should be close to the back. I like to think its aligned with the ear

Make the eyes a bit smaller There should be enough room between he eyes to place another eye

Make the neck a bit longer,

Some Ref
    evdp29.jpg2duzf42.jpg
    Its male but its all i got :(
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok...thanks guys for the feedback, i've fixed the head and i'll try to work on my forms better too!

anyway here's some upgrades...
    final version of the head i'm pretty happy with... i don't think i'll change anything if anyone doesn't bring up any obiovus anatomical mistake
    wip31.jpg

and the body. I've added hands, and fixed overall shapes and proportions i had wrong the first time... even so always subject to critiques. Also arms will probably need some more smoothing and tweaking
    wip33.jpg
    wip32g.jpg

no progress on zeratul cause I've been pretty lazy, also while figuring out how to add hands to the previous mesh i got carried away with the polycount and forgot the simmetry, so i've got details only sculpted on one side and need to wait till i get to my pc which will handle the mirror and weld...

edit: typo
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    updates updates!

I finished the retopo, unwrap and did a test bake. Since no major shit came up from it (just need to tweek the cage a little in the eye/"nose" area) i went ahead and started a base for the texture.

Here it is in marmoset
    wiptexture.jpg

The body is sitting at around 5700 tris, out of the 6k we were given. Still need to add the braids and the hair on the back. Tomorrow i'll retopo and bake armor and clothing.
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Long time no update... I'm almost done with zeratul textures, it just needs a little bit more touch ups and i'll be doing that tomorrow.

Did a bit of sculpting to ease myself from texturing and so here's a first pass on clothes concepts for the girl character:
    wip4b.jpg

gonna do some paintovers for more variations i have in mind and post them for voting
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've decided to set aside the other female character because i could not bear to design clothes... will come back to her later.

In the meantime i've started some fanart of lux from LoL.
    wippolypaint.jpg

Here she is after roughly 10 hours of work. Needs some adjustment to the face since she looks nut and then i'll start on the armour and finish the hairs.

Also here's the finished zeratul... just realized i didn't get to post it here
    screenshot3hb.jpg

Time line was due and i had to get it done but i'll probably give him an other pass on the textures in the near future.
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally i can go back to personal stuff and i got back to working on my Lux fanart.

I did some changes to make her look a little less like an homicidial psycho and then since i didn't like the face I ended up completely changing it.
    Also Hai Phan tutorial serie on cgcircuit is one of the most awesome thing ever.

headcloseup.jpg

frontbackn.jpg

C&C welcome :D
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updates!

I made some changes to the face and body, and started to block in clothing and armor pieces.

luxarmor.jpg

Feedback reaally appreciated
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress on armor, everything but the boots is blocked in and waiting for a final pass. Tomorrow I'll make the boots and polish everything before finally starting to retopo. Hope to be done by the end of the week with textures too.

wipluxarmor.jpg
  • jksl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jksl polycounter lvl 4
    Fnitrox wrote: »
    Progress on armor, everything but the boots is blocked in and waiting for a final pass. Tomorrow I'll make the boots and polish everything before finally starting to retopo. Hope to be done by the end of the week with textures too.

wipluxarmor.jpg
    lux as in LoL ?
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jksl wrote: »
    lux as in LoL ?

yea it's her
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had to come back to my parent's home so progress has been slown down.

Refined some parts and finished the boots. Calling it done for now as i need to move onto retopoing.
    finalhighpolylux.jpg