Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female anatomy practise

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
doing a basemesh for a future character and need crits on the anatomy...
i havent started working on the face and the hands, so no need to crit those...yet

also she is supposed to be young, about 20 years old.

female_basemesh.jpg

Replies

• stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tried to push this a little further...
    i feel maybe the hands are to small?

face is still very wip, working on it will be the next step.

sculpt.jpg
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Good work man. It looks pretty good so far. I don't think her hands are too small. Perhaps the breast are could be lifted up a bit. Besides that it just needs a little polishing :)
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! i will check into the breast issue soon. have done some work on the face;
    ansikte.jpg
    maybe its better without polypainting?
    trying the get her look young, around 20...
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so I have done a concept to have some base for the coming modelling. want to make some kind of scifi worker suit, that would belong in some heavy industy on a space station or sewer or something.
    skiss36.jpg

i feel that the face is currently the weakest part of the sculpt, so thats probably the next step, and then blocking out and doing the hardsurface parts.
  • Nina I.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nina I. polycounter lvl 5
    I don't think the breasts need to be moved higher - I think you might risk giving them that push-up look. At the moment the model appears beautifully natural in my opinion - you can see hints of the muscle and skeletal structure with a healthy amount of fat around the body. She looks like a normal person instead of a hardcore athelete or a lingerie model, and her normal appearance and kind facial features have a calming effect on me. Beautiful piece of work! :thumbup:
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slow but steady progress...
    ansikte1.jpg

going to start with the hardsurface techy stuff on her now
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I don't put too much faith in a document that advocates high gloss bosoms. The model looks considerably more realistic than most of what's drawn there.
  • Olli.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    even though that document might not be exactly what you should be going for, i am detecting a strong disturbance in the force with those boobs.

Im no anatomy expert (if you know what i mean :( ) but i would say the problem is the wide gap between the breasts.. There IS a gap there, but its not that wide.
  • Perlinfalcon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Perlinfalcon polycounter lvl 5
    I agree that the OP's model has much more realistic boobs than those anime drawings. They are perhaps just slightly angled too far apart. But the model looks very nice so far.
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so thanks for the feedback everyone! i totally agree that the boobs look wonky, so i put some work into making them look more natural.
    brost.jpg
    does it look better or worse?
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Looks good so far. One thing I notice is that the muscles on the rib cage are overly pronounced. The creases between them may be too deep.
  • Olli.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    so thanks for the feedback everyone! i totally agree that the boobs look wonky, so i put some work into making them look more natural.
    brost.jpg
    does it look better or worse?

looks worlds better now!
  • Perlinfalcon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Perlinfalcon polycounter lvl 5
    I agree. Looks good!
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    It does look better, but just to note a few things.

A) Your previous model was not wrong, breasts can be that far apart indeed, it's simple a case of understanding when and where to apply fat to cleavage. Your main problem was breasts which are that 'full' should be closer, breasts far apart tend to be flatter, and slope outwards more.

I guess a picture will explain it better:
    cameron-diaz-moses.jpg

B) The previous image I posted wasn't for the art style, but when you want to apply the wet suit to her, it looked like her breasts suddenly relaxed in volume and lost all mass, there was no spreading, no deviation, just pure 'no breast there anymore as before' issue.

Also, another reason I posted the previous image is because in the OC, you can her suit is tight around her arms, but has still volume around her breasts. She is clearly wearing a bra, sport padded, and her bust size is about 1 bigger in overall volume because of all that.
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    well if she's gonna be wearing clothes, her boobs will be pressed together like when wearing a bra... so better save a copy of your model, and sculpt the boobs for when she's dressed...
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the replys! all of you are right, so i will have to check more references on how the breast deform in a wetsuit. for now though i will move on to the techy part. heres some pics:
    tech.jpg
    this is my first real try on hard surfaces and techy stuff so any comments would be nice. just blocking out stuff for now though, trying out different things to get a intresting siluette and nice shapes. i also want it to look clunky and hard to carry around, like factory tools meant for some machine...
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    long time no post. but i havent given up.
    so here is some minor progress, mostly the techy parts. im a total newb when it comes to hardsurface so it took WAY longer than i thought it would.
    techy.jpg
    now im going to move on to baking and texturing. im not super happy with the highpoly but i have to move on. will probably re do the face at some point.