Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PIXEL ART ( crits needed )

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
Hi guys
i start learning some pixel art and some aniamtion .. so i really need help to get
better at this :) here some work i did . some are from the others brothers game
i really love that style and graphics . and others are from mind or others artist !

others.jpg

pixel2.jpg

pixel.jpg

pixel3.jpg

pix.jpg

11.gif

12.gif

a.jpg

aazs.jpg

hope you like it , and crtis welcome !!

Replies

• glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Which ones are yours?
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this
    pixel.jpg

pixel3.jpg

aazs.jpg

the ninja and the man how have a hat is from others brothers ,. the others is all mine
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    you need to work cleaner, on the individual pixel level. right now they all look like first draft sketches. i'll explain when i'm on my pc again.
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    can you tell me where you found that truck cuz its not mine...

truck.png
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for your comment :)

dado almeida :
    thanks for the video . next when i'm going to copy others artist work , i will be sure to keep them just in my pc and sharing them . just for practice.
    snader : thanks man
    willy : I copy your work just for practice and learning , hope you dont mind . and i will be sure next time to not post them on internet . thanks for the inspiration
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    ayoub44 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for your comment :)

dado almeida :
    thanks for the video . next when i'm going to copy others artist work , i will be sure to keep them just in my pc and sharing them . just for practice.
    snader : thanks man
    willy : I copy your work just for practice and learning , hope you dont mind . and i will be sure next time to not post them on internet . thanks for the inspiration

No i don't mind, not at all i just wanted to make sure no one was claiming it as there own. I have to agree with the sketchy feeling these give off and working at the pixel level is a must. Some things i suggest but don't practice because i just kinda started doing it my own way. Use a palette there will be much less trial and error this way and you will get things done faster. Try and take something you know your way around and try and recreate it. i struggle with much and couldn't make a 16x16 sprite to save my life half the reason i don't post as often as i should is im never satisfied with half of what i do to show. Don't fall into this trap, post often and get feedback and make something every day its the only way to get better.
  • Khaja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loving the little truck you made! Me and mty mate wanna try to model and texture characters in that style. Look forward to seeing more of this
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys for your advices :)

here a simple environment , you can say my first one

Untitled-2.png

and a little thing
    pix4.jpg
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    What Willy Wilson and I mean with 'neat and clean' pixel work, is this:

tankthing_ayoub44.gif
    Both are the same size, both are sort of the same thing. (the sketch was so messy I wasn't 100% sure what it was exactly) But there's a drastic difference in the amount of detail.

Why? Because I spent more effort crafting the detail. Every pixel has a purpose. I could have stuck with the wheels from version 4, they're recognizable enough as wheels. But with some extra attention and time, I managed to cram in shading, rims, and tire tracks.

Pixel is all about that. Attention to tiny details, doing as much as possible with as little as possible, pushing every pixel to the limit of what it can express. But right now you seem to be merely using the MS Paint pencil took to get a blocky look. That's not pixel art - that's sketching with a program that's ill suited for sketching.

You also seem to be lacking in some basic skills like lighting and picking interesting colors. All your shadows and highlights are just lighter and darker versions of the base color - try to mix up the hues a bit. None of your works seem to show a lot of form, hardly any shadows and highlights - why not?

I feel like you're rushing through these without consideration. Not just from a pixel-art perspective, but also in general.

Oh, and for the love of Pixels, don't save as JPG.
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot snader for you helpful post and crits :) i will be sure to focus on thing that you say
    to me , lately i have been learning some color theory
    thanks a again

here some new stuff : )

8.gif

4.png

123.gif

crits welcome :)