Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dropship

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
RILKE polycounter lvl 12
Hello Polycounters

First of all I've been lurking the forum for quite a while now, and gained a lot of inspiration and technical advices from many members .

Inspired by the awesome art from John Liberto http://cghub.com/images/view/210313/http://
this is a little project I started as a test to see if I could build a HighPoly and his LowPolyModeling,UVing,Baking, and figuring out ways to organise my workflow .
Gonna add a lot of stuff, still working on the details, and I haven't textured so many of them yet, but its a start .

HiRes.jpg

DropShip.jpg

Replies

• nedwork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the model :D. Keep going on the texture
  • RILKE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RILKE polycounter lvl 12
    @nedwork thanks for the comment and sorry that I didn't reply sooner, I broke off this project for a while.By the way By the way, I admire your work impressive portfolio !!

In fact, I wasn't very happy about my design and I decided to change some bits.

I am just trying to block out a another shape for the rear of the hull and add some details in the interior part.
    In addition, I decided to re-UV, re-bake normal because I really think my skills at baked normal maps need some serious improvement.

WIP%23001.jpg
  • looprix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looprix polycounter lvl 8
    Very cool design. It could use some smaller high detail elements like guns and lights. And maybe a 3rd color like orange for decals, logos?

Also have you thought about a dDo pass?
  • RILKE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RILKE polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks a lot for the feedback.And yes,I've planned to add some smaller detailed objects like guns and lights.
    I'll also add some details to the inside.I have to redo a large part of my texture, some decals would indeed be good.
    And yes, it will be interesting to give it a try in dDo.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    cool, but i think the front area , the "bumpers" could do with a redesign, they are too lumpy atm and could do with a touch more sleekness, reminds me of a ford Ka's plastic bumpers atm
    the rest is cool
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I really enjoy this design, looks really sweet. But one thing bothers me a bit (so this is a personal opinion). It is that your shapes are different all over the design. You got alot of straight and cubic shapes, like on the door. Then on the sides, there are alot of circles and soft edges. I hope that makes some sense =) and it will be helpful.
  • RILKE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RILKE polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks a lot for the feedback !
    @Shepeiro
    You're perfectly right: the bumpers are not right at the moment, I have to reshape them .
    @NuclearAngel
    You've pointed out the right thing. My overall shape is a little bit confusing with an unbalanced amount of roundness and straight parts.
    At the moment I am trying to rebalance the overall shape in zbrush, because I think it is more suitable to explore the forms of the new shape in.
    After that, I 'll reimport my mesh in Maya to make my highpoly model.