Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Military Labtop thingy :D

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
CyberGameArts polycounter lvl 7
Hey everybody
I decided to work some more on my hard surface modeling skillz. I think I am almost done with the High Poly and would love to hear some feedback before I enter the other stages of the process(Low poly that is :P ) I am still a noob so there might be noob mistakes :D

Thanks alot in advance

30120331371-orig.jpg

Replies

• bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    looks cool, only think I would add is to have some cut inbetween the screen and the plastic, as it looks too smooth there.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Looks pretty good, got any references to compare with? The left/right click buttons seem a little high and the trackpad seems a little low, also those edges might be too tight? A little hard to tell though.
  • CyberGameArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just started texturing the model.
    Would love to hear some feedback

kJIOg.jpg
  • TheRealFroman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheRealFroman polycounter lvl 11
    Looks really cool man! you dont seem like a noob at all :P
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    The texture really brings this model to the next level. I really really dig the texture work. I agree with what was said above those as for critiques, though the textures do hide the screen aspect. Mind showing us wires? As the keyboard looks really really dense for such a small prop. Same with the antenna to the left.
  • CyberGameArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r wrote: »
    The texture really brings this model to the next level. I really really dig the texture work. I agree with what was said above those as for critiques, though the textures do hide the screen aspect. Mind showing us wires? As the keyboard looks really really dense for such a small prop. Same with the antenna to the left.

Hey thanks man for the kind words :D
    Here are the wires
    buF5X.jpg
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Based on you modeling every individual button on the keyboard, you've got a pretty large budget. In which case you should definitely chamfer some of the edges of the laptop case, and smooth out the cable a bit. Oh and definitely use a crisper texture.
  • CyberGameArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader wrote: »
    Based on you modeling every individual button on the keyboard, you've got a pretty large budget. In which case you should definitely chamfer some of the edges of the laptop case, and smooth out the cable a bit. Oh and definitely use a crisper texture.

Thanks for the feedback, and yes i kinda do since this is a first person asset. The player will hold it up pretty close to their face. The chamfer idea is great, will defenantly try that.
    Thanks
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    just regarding your renders, why is the laptop so small in your renders? It takes up about 10% of the image. Make it bigger or put some different views of it in as well!