Home General Discussion

new pc build

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
oobersli polycounter lvl 17
so i haven't made a new thread in forever.... anyways, I'm hoping to be able and do more work from home with my daughter being born in almost a month. Current pc was ok for stuff like 5 years ago, rough transition from work pc to home pc.

Worked with a friend to put the specs together, wanted to try and get a pc under 1k. just wanted to see if anyone had an similar builds or hardware and had any feedback on what they thought?

intel I7 3.4ghz 1155 77w quad core

evga geforece gtx 570hd 1280mb 320bit

gigabyte ga-z77m

kingston hyperx 8gb *2x4gb*

Seagate barracude 2tb 5900 rpm

ocz vertex 3 120gb SSD

antex hcg-750w psu

cooler master centurion 5 case

Got it under 1k with the rebates *just need a copy of windows* and I'm just taking out my old dvd drive from my current pc.

the case we use at work, seems to have lots of room and its like 50 bucks. Its quiet too. Plan is to have os and all main junk loaded on the ssd and use 2 tb as archive drive. We have 12gb of ram at work and I've never been able to use all of it, so for now I'm thinking 8gb is fine, plus upgrading is cheap.

not too knowledgeable on cpu stuff, so i had a friend help me with that. I've heard good things about the video card so I'm hoping it'll work good for both games and art stuff.

Sound like a bad setup or any thing you might suggest to swap out for?