Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] – Ogre Magi – Battlegear of Radiancy

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Andy H polycounter lvl 8
Hey all! Super excited to take part in this contest and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! I decided to go with the Ogre Magi because I'm quite fond of their lore and it seemed like it would be pretty fun to paint the kinds of materials that the character uses for their armor. :)

So far I've just been putting together some silhouettes for starters before diving in to anything.

OgreMagiSiloFinal.jpg

A few things that I tried to keep in tact from the base character model:

1. The characters hair/head gear choice.
2. The sides that each part of their armor is located on.

It seems like we're suppose to be trying to keep the vision of the character while still adding to it. For choices 1-3, I tried to do very minimal edits on the headpieces. The hair still remains as a ponytail for one of the ogre heads, but with an extra knot, and probably with a different hair tie as well. The ogre head that wears a cap will have a different cap of course made out of a different material, but the silhouettes will not be changed too much. 4-6 show one ogre head with a mohawk and the other with minimal changes to their headpiece. I'd really appreciate any feedback regarding these silhouettes! I'm feeling a mix between 3 and 6 at the moment but that could change. Off to learn Blender now!

Replies