Home General Discussion

Painting on the Samsung Note 2?

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a smartphone. I've had an iPod touch for 4 years and I love the thing. Fast, easy, efficient. Even though it's not pressure sensitive, using Sketchbook pro I can still do decent drawings without it lagging out too much.

I know the Note 2 is pressure sensitive, which is very attractive. I've been looking for a portable pressure sensitive device. Curious though, are there any pressure sensitive painting apps for it to control opacity/size?

Honestly I don't care about customization for a cellphone...Jailbroke my iPod a few years ago. It's neat to have different interfaces every once in awhile, but I just find it gimmicky.

So, anybody use the Note 2 as a painting device? Does it lag or is it smooth?
Post your art if you can :D

(PS: I'm also interested in the photo quality of the camera. If you have any pictures taken with the Note 2 or Galaxy s3 post em here!)

Replies

• Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    yes there are. I have a note 1. Unfortunately the note 1 is a little bit laggy - maybe it's better on the note 2, but it also depends on the app - some are more laggy than others. Pressure sensitivity is so-so. Even though the thing is made by wacom it's not nearly like a real tablet - not even comparable to the cheap wacoms.

I guess if the note 2 is faster and has less lag then it would be really nice to draw on it. Of all the phones/tables it's probably the nicest one to draw on because of the pressure sensitivity but also because it's small like a small moleskine, so it can really be used as very portable sketchbook. Definitely beats tiny screened iPhones where you do finger painting ;)

Camera is okay. The iPhone camera is definitely better (again compared to Note 1). The videos however are top notch!