Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

30 year old Black Lady WIP

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
Looking for technical observation about anatomy, proportion, and aesthetic, does she look black, and around 30 years old? Is there something very wrong here that I'm not seeing?

17qt8i.png

Replies

• Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    she mostly reminds me of women of India.
    there's something eastern about her eyes, and perhaps other features too.

i suppose by black you meant something like afroamerican?
    i ain't no expert but making the nose more wide and making lips bigger would probably push it in that direction.
  • Kot_Leopold
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kot_Leopold polycounter lvl 10
    Lips are fine but her nose needs more volume. It's way too thin.
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok thanks, you may not believe this but I had intended her to be half black, half asian. Any other critiques? This one I really want to know, because I'm gonna show it to my mommy and daddy and I want to make sure it isn't too retarted!

No, but seriously, I'm gonna show them some of my CG stuff for the first time ever and I don't want them to see it and to secretly think that it sucks. So any other critiques?

Thanks, if not, I'll just suppose it's not completely horrible
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    she read more asian/indian than asian/african.

try reducing the dent in the corner of the lips. the nose bridge between the eyes should go deeper in. mouth should move slightly forward but no too much. the brow ridge should not be so pronounced. the nose should be flatter as it goes down and slightly wider creating a more visible triangular silhouette.

are you following any reference ? look up Jessica White or Naomi Campbell, might be a good references.
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM wrote: »
    she read more asian/indian than asian/african.

try reducing the dent in the corner of the lips. the nose bridge between the eyes should go deeper in. mouth should move slightly forward but no too much. the brow ridge should not be so pronounced. the nose should be flatter as it goes down and slightly wider creating a more visible triangular silhouette.

are you following any reference ? look up Jessica White or Naomi Campbell, might be a good references.

Whoa! Who are you? And where do you come from? I can tell that you are some kind of ancient master just by the quality of your critique. The entire time I've been trying to get critiques, this is exactly what I wanted! Thank you!

And as far as following reference, I followed reference for the body , but not the head. I did go back afterward and look at reference of just who you mentioned, Naomi C and Jessica W which kind of told me I should get some critiques before I started making bad tweaks to it.

Thanks, I give ur critique 11/10. Critique-ception

Do you have links to your own models. I want to study you!
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, anyways I'm gonna be editting her from the point of this picture. It is clear that I have gotten the racial stuff wrong so far. Let me know if I have gotten the HUMAN part wrong as well. I only ask this stuff after hours of confusion and uncertainty. I deleted the arms so you can see the torso better.

If I can't get this right by Monday I won't be showing it to Mommy and Daddy as I had planned :poly118:

vrr4ar.png