Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Phantom Lancer - Feral Hunter

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Chronicle polycounter lvl 5
Hello, starting up my thread for the competition. Just slowly doing up some concept art.

edit: No longer hunter based. Set is now the "radiant defender" set. I've altered the spear design a lot. Haven't updated the thread's pictures of the models in a while, but i will be adding the new spear and the current texturing very soon.

edit: Work to date
BIuV6.jpg

q04dj.jpg

edit: current concept. Switched to "Radiant Defender" set
qoW6Y.jpg

Replies

• Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So i've been working on some concept stuff, I've also started working on what i've been calling the "tribal defender" set. the 4th is a duplicate atm.

JkMYB.jpg
  • Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've decided to focus more on this set, which I've been calling the "Radiant Defender" set. I feel the color pallet works better with his standard set. I tend to associate lions with the sun and I feel this set really works well with this.

YG6Wm.jpg

Edit: removed hand drawn portion to be reposted when complete.
  • Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm adding to the original set and adding possibilities to which version i choose to do. I'm the most up in the air about the shoulder pad and whether I should add the sunburst medallion to the front or just the back or neither.

21t5E.jpg
  • Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    been a while since I've update. Been busy, But here's my pass at the low poly belt model.

sFsRj.jpg

Thoughts? I haven't gotten any feedback and I'm worried its not being received well.
  • Olphelia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olphelia polycounter lvl 5
    The shapes on the armour is looking good and the asymmetrical shoulder and arms work well! My advice would be to make the armour more 'bulkier' and exaggerate those forms you already have. Try doing some silhouette tests to see what shapes make him stand out :)
  • Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not a bad idea, I may try to really exaggerate the layers of the belt and see how I like that, along with really adding more weight to the shoulder. Originally, I was thinking of the armor and sleek hard leather wraps, but it seems more people seem to be favoring the heavy plated idea so I may start working towards that.
  • Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the modeling done to date. still need to work on his spear. saving my favorite part for last.

gXNIg.jpg
  • Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've applied color to it to see how it works with my color scheme.

BIuV6.jpg

q04dj.jpg
  • Bwample1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bwample1 polycounter lvl 8
    My advice make sure the gold is a darker gold. There is just something about a saturated blue and yellow color scheme that feels too much almost like its for a logo.
  • Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That makes sense. Still trying to find the right colors. I mostly want to match the black and gold already present on his base spear. Haven't quite matched it yet but I agree, the current gold is a little bright and a little yellow still. and the dark color has too much blue.