Home Technical Talk

Zbrush4 texture from polypaint. VERY ODD

Can anyone tell me why when I hit the Texture from polypaint button I end up with this black sparkly mess? :poly117:

528541_10152114814640247_1156221975_n.jpg

Replies

• Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    Oh crap, I had this issue once and I can't remember how I fixed it. Are you using any Layers?, you can try baking any down before creating the texture.
  • Stoop_Kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^That could be! I've had this problem before, and I was hoping to see if anyone can offer a legit explanation for this....

When it's happened to me, it's also some dumb things like: A) Some polygroups were hidden when trying to grab the texture, or B) Polygroups were split into subtools.

I'm not totally sure why it happens like that, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this gets resolved. Good luck!
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Layers! Truth is ZB was never meant to have layers work with Polypaint, it was a happy mistake that they decided to keep around, warts and all, and since many peeps tend to know how to tackle it, they never bothered fixing it.

There a few ways to tackle this:
    -Bake your layers to the appropriate division level (might not work).
    -Add another layer, leave it empty, and bake everything with that layer active (works most of the time).
    -Add a new layer, paint something on it, disable it, bake the others but not the last new layer, once done, delete it.