Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CrocoChupacabra

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
jaydon polycounter lvl 6
Here is my Chupacabra composition. How does it look? Also what should I do with this shadow?

I'm a student so crits most welcome.

JwCfv.jpg

Replies

• Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really like it! Could we see some wires and stuff without the lighting effects?
  • k21n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    k21n polycounter lvl 10
    Really cool model, reminds me a bit of the lizards from Spiderman 3, but more goreish, hehe
  • jaydon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaydon polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys thanks!
    Sorry Darkleopard it was actually a Zbrush Dynamesh sculpt! I may retopo it but i'm not sure at this point. It was for a concept design class so it was more so just to get the idea out there without worrying about polys/limitations for now.
  • jaydon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaydon polycounter lvl 6
    I updated this with a bit more contrast between the character and the background and made him clearer. Done with this now and ready to move onto new projects
    7z2hW.jpg
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Looking great!

As its a zbrush sculpt, i think if you went in and put in some forms for the biceps and worked on the claw/hand attachment area, itll add more to the awesomeness
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    the enhanced lighting was a good choice!

love everything about the model, except for the front claws. For me, the shadow(It should be angled based on the key light, not the fill. As well as fading it out as it distances itself from the character.) and front claws are the draw backs on the shot, as butt_sahib mentioned. Minor stuff really, considering how awesome I think this is btw :-)
  • kcla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kcla polycounter lvl 7
    I like the split lower jaw and the texture of the skin particularly on the torso. There's a lot of volume there, which is really nice with the advanced lighting.
    I think the tail seems a little thin at its base, and I agree with butt_sahib that the hand area could use some more definition. The darkness of the overall composition is nice, but I feel like I want to see more of the actual sculpt, could you throw up a matcap on a standard background just for critique purposes?
  • jaydon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaydon polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks heaps for the responses guys. I am away from my pc but when I get home I will throw some matcaps up to see the sculpt before photoshop. I wanted to have hands similar to a moles and always had a problem with them but kept forgetting to sculpt new ones during the class so just went with these ones. It bothers me they are just like a solid Palm with no separation before the claws.