Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Another student demo reel

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, just finished my demo reel for school. What an awesome year! Any critique and feedback would be awesome :)

https://vimeo.com/48174887

In the reel I have a robot and gun and environment...which is pretty generalized, so from now on I will be focusing on modular environments and getting better at props.

Edit: No idea how to embed...

Replies

• walklikethis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Selznog, first off you have some really good stuff. The Robot is awesome and the gun is pretty wish. However, the whole opening most employers would have turned off. Not because the work is "bad" but because of how it is presented. Stick to stills and turn arounds or on the spot animations imo, the swinging motion of the camera is very amateurish, if you want to show walk cycle then show it on the spot or something and make it easy for the viewer to see. Thats my two cents. you clearly have the skills, look forward to seeing more :D
  • pestibug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pestibug polycounter lvl 18
    Liking the art, but not liking the movie. Its too dark to see much of the model, everything is in shadows.
    The turn arounds are perfect for what they need to do. If you want to show off the animations, then follow -Walklikethis-'s suggestions, or change the lighting of your scene. Right now, that little movie just isn't doing justice to your work (I agree on the camera comment, but the lighting is imo a bigger issue).