Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Yeti Bust.

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
jaydon polycounter lvl 6
Just thought i would throw this up here and get some feedback and what not.
I'm really trying to push myself to do more work so posting up on here will hopefully keep me going even more :)

So here are a few images showing the process

Concepts:
S3F64.jpg

Sculpt:
omrxA.jpg

Refine and Polypainted skin:
Wggqy.jpg

Final with Photoshop:
nBWar.jpg

Replies

• butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Looks pretty sick!
    Great job on finishing aswell.

I think you couldve gone in and worked on getting more detail in the lip region.
  • jaydon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaydon polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah looking back at it the lips are definitely lacking detail, they look kind of flat. will have to fix that up
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Well I would of said 5 if I had to chose with design I prefered but you've done an outstanding job with your choice.

Maybe you could add some snow to the fur and horns that collected during a snow storm, etc. Similar to the image below.

john-conrad-harp-seal-pup-with-snow-on-fur.jpg

Anyways top stuff and keep it up.
  • jaydon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaydon polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah i got caught on picking a design for so long, i ended up going with a facebook tally and 7 won by like a vote, originally the sculpt had the long eyebrows and fringe from the concept but it was looking too Anime inspired so i removed them.
    I was thinking about Darksiders a lot during the sculpt and the long hair is inspired by War :D Get my darksiders 2 Collectors Ed tomorrow!!:poly121:
    The snow on the fur and horns is a great idea, will have to touch all this stuff up.