Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dota 2 Handy Courier

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
No pun intended HURR DURR any ways figured i would throw this up now Its still in very early concept stage don't even know where the bags and/or chest is going. Just easier for me to concept in zbrush haha Dont worry it will be done in the Dota art style.

handc.png

handconcept.png

Replies

• Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    I could see this more on the Dire side, and only if it was made to look more dark and sinister. Discolored flesh tones, scars, chipped and broken nails and other characteristics that match the wicked Dire style. Maybe make the ropes that secure the chest out of rusted chains, entrails or patched hair?

The model is looking good, though I'd like to see more accouterments; little ornaments or details (much of which you can sell in the texture map).

Keep it up, and post updates as you go!
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    fun idea! and I definitely recommend going for a more demon hand look.
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok heres the kind of update lol i was all for the chains but would take up a lot of polys i think and im going to texture the hand with a kind of dirty, bloody texture then possibly make a demonic one im a bit unsure of what i want at the moment

paintover.png
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the hand sculpt at the moment i kind of want to do hand painted textures so i dont know about sculpting to much to be honest i dont really know what i want to do haha

handturnaround.png
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like the idea, but i'm not sure a humanoid hand is actually doing it justice. also the balance seems to be off (thanks to human anatomy).