Home Technical Talk

Custom sky with CryENGINE 3

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
Hi,

I'm studying CE3 at the moment for a project I'm starting, and I'd like to use the sky system, but make changes to it, if possible.

What if I want more than 1 sun? more than 1 moon? change their sizes, and the way they fly around the sky?

For what I'm working on, we will need a sky that has 2 suns and 2 moons at all times, they're all hovering around in circles above, and when the moons eclipse the suns, it's night. When they're not, it's day. Right now the system allows me to make a realistic sky perfectly, but if I want the sun to never set but instead go in circles in the sky, I can't.

Is there a way to do that using the built-in sky system, or do I have to use some other method to do this?

Replies

• e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if you don't have a programmer it's gonna be hard. what I'd try to do is animate the second sun and moon (as animobjects) in trackview and drive that trackview through flowgraph.
  • Ravenok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
    How good a programmer would I need? Can someone who's not familiar with CE catch this up in a couple of days, or does he have to have a strong base of working with CE?

Also, what if we give up the ability to have it work with the system?
    Say I want to build the sky and animate everything on it by hand - make the sky box, the clouds, the sun as a light emitting objects, same for the moons... etc. Like I would probably do it in a standard 3D package. Is that possible? (I'm still new and learning the very basics - but I want to be ready for this sort of things)