Home Technical Talk

What new computer should I get?!

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
akacg polycounter lvl 12
Hey everyone I am going to upgrade and get a new computer soon and I was wondering which ones you guys thought were a good deal and the best to support programs such as zbrush and maya. I can afford a desktop that’s around $800-$1100.
I was looking at the alienwar computers but i feel like you are paying for the design and brand....
I was also wondering what the best brand is generally. I have an HP and like it a lot but is for example dell better?
Last i said this on another forum but no reply. Every now and then when i press the space bar in maya it will hide the program and go to a different screen and then i have to find maya at the bottom to get back into it. It’s really disrupting my workflow. Any ideas?

Replies

• JamesWild
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesWild polycounter lvl 8
    Every now and then when i press the space bar in maya it will hide the program and go to a different screen and then i have to find maya at the bottom
    Unlikely to have anything to do with the hardware you buy.
    I was also wondering what the best brand is generally. I have an HP and like it a lot but is for example dell better?
    Depends which machine you buy.
    What new computer should I get?!
    Almost anything on the market nowadays is "good enough" for most purposes, 3D art or otherwise. Make sure you get a decent graphics card.

Or build your own.