Home Full time/Part time work

Sucker Punch Productions - Senior Environment Modeler

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
Hey everyone, the studio gave me the honor of officially posting this job on the forums, however I am neither HR nor a lead so please do not send me your applications / resumes directly.

I would be more than happy to forward any specific questions about this position to my leads and get back to you in this thread.

Please visit our website to apply for this position: http://www.suckerpunch.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=91

Senior Environment Modeler

Responsibilities:

* Collaborate within a team of artist and designers to create 3D assets that are awesome gameplay spaces as well as visually stunning works of art.
* Create structures and props to express the underlying concept of the environment, including determining placement, proportion, shape, prop type and details.
* Model asset geometry from simple mass-out to finished states based on inspirational concept art or general direction.
* Consistently meet high standard of quality while sticking to production deadlines.
* Contribute in developing or improving the production pipeline, tools, and visual quality of environments
* Maintain a good knowledge of the projects game design to ensure unity between art and gameplay.
* Seek feedback from peers and leads.

Qualifications:

* 4+ years of industry experience demonstrating modeling professional quality 3D game levels.
* Must have an excellent understanding of proportions, layout spacing, silhouettes, color theory, framing and composition.
* Strong understanding of poly mesh flow, LODS, and mesh optimization for performance and memory budgets.
* Ability to follow art direction and see the 'big picture' style of the game.
* Must be able to provide samples either through a shipped product, level file, or screenshots.
* Experience using high resolution modeling software like ZBrush, Mudbox or similar software strongly preferred.
* UV mapping and texture creation experience creating normal maps, and specular maps on a professional project is a plus
* Ability to work well with a team in a cross-discipline, and iterative setting
* Strong problem solving skills
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience desired
* Expert use of Maya and Photoshop

Qualities:

* Creative and passionate about art.
* Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are expected. You need to be comfortable asking questions making requests to designers, programmers and artists.
* Must be autonomous, responsible, organized and professional.
* Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to Seattle.
* Applicants should expect to take a test.

Replies