Home Technical Talk

xoliul shader not working correctly

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
tac0m polycounter lvl 6
I have max 2012 and the xoliul shader 2 installed.

I read the instructions and the trouble shooting. I have the .fx files in the correct folders. I have nitrous disabled. I installed the shader in max running as an administrator and I can load up the shader just fine... but when i load a map in the shader i get these error messages :S

xoliul_help2.jpg
xoliul_help1.jpg

Replies

• tac0m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m polycounter lvl 6
    i am also updated with max 2012 sp2.

also i should note that the shader does work on the model i'm applying it to, but i have to continuously click these error messages which is extremely annoying.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    You need to run Max as admin or turn off UAC.
    This is mentioned in the FAQ and help.
  • tac0m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m polycounter lvl 6
    It says to run as administrator for install which i did that a few times. Are you saying i have to run as admin for it to work or install... Sorry for my ignorance but i dont know what UAC stands for?
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m wrote: »
    It says to run as administrator for install which i did that a few times. Are you saying i have to run as admin for it to work or install... Sorry for my ignorance but i dont know what UAC stands for?

It's a windows 7 security system that interferes with how programs run. You can turn it on or off from the control panel user account menu I believe.
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    You also have to run Max as administrator every time you want to use the shader, otherwise you'll get those errors. Or, like they said, turn off UAC (User Accoujnt Control) in Windows 7.
  • tac0m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m polycounter lvl 6
    ok guys. thanks for your help :)
    Its weird because when i was using max 2011 i didn't need to run as administrator and my UAC settings were windows default. :S

I use the shader at work and i guess the UAC settings have been changed there :)