Home General Discussion

Fucking roomates...Fucking Fuck!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
I'm ready to kill my fucking roomate! See today, my roomate decided to have a little beer pong party, I don't like beer and I'm not a jackass (no offense to anyone that may love beer pong), so I didn't partake in the days activities. Instead I stayed up in my room, with my lovely girlfriend, and relaxed and watched zombie movies all day. So my girlfriend leaves, and I go into the upstairs bathroom, and what is in there? puke, Fucking puke, everywhere, that obese motherfucker said he wasn't going to do that, and he fucking did. I was ready to go outside and put my foot through his fucking windshield of his fucking car, god I am so fucking pissed right now. The downstairs is also trashed, if he doesn't clean his shit it up, I'm just gonna narc on his ass and get that fat fuck evicted.

Fucking people...

So anyone else here suffer, or have suffered from fucking inconsiderate, dipshit, fuck-ass roomates?

Replies

• kleinluka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kleinluka polycounter lvl 18
    i live by myself so none of that shit for me.... but i feel your pain, brother. go kick his ass and make him clean the shit up.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    My roommates are great. One is a friend from high school, and the other has been my friend's with my friend since they were only a few years old. We're all pretty mellow, laid-back guys, so we get along great.

We have had a drunk person puke in our apartment, though frown.gif. A friend who lives about an hour away and his girlfriend came to visit for a few days. We were all drinking, and she got REALLY drunk, and ended up passing out. The whole thing was pretty funny, until about 20 minutes later when she woke up and started puking. At least the only thing she had eaten was Top Ramen, so it wasn't too bad. In fact, after we got her a bowl, the puke just looked like Top Ramen. So much so that our friend asked us if we dared him to eat some... we said "HELL NO," but he did it anyway laugh.gif. He said it tasted like a mix of Ramen, Captain Morgans and stomach bile.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I played beer pong last night smile.gif
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    If he is out for the count and you dont want the puke to hang around untill he clears it up then collect it in plastic bags, freeze untill you are away for the weekenc then empty it all over the place before you go and soak in with a liberall splashing of cider, works a treat.

tim
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Be lucky the guy puked instead of dying. Or maybe, HE should be lucky
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Death is much easier to clean up than vomit. In fact, someone will come do it for you. Vomit is always your own problem.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Beer Pong you say... So you play Pong and whoever loses scolls a beer? Something a bit different I guess.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Lighten up a little will ya?

If he cleans it all up, and this isn't happening twice a month (or even more often laugh.gif ) then it shouldn't really be a problem.

After all you are young only once and getting drunk now an then is part of it smile.gif
    And I am sure he didn't mean to puke, but sometimes you can't really help it.

Edit: you know what pisses me off?
    That guy in my house (student home) that turned on his crappy music to full volume already twice this week at 7am mad.gif
    And now get this... he also sings with it as loud as he can confused.gif

And I am not exagetrating it, FULL VOLUME! First time it happend, I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not, as it was so unreal.

Next time that happens I am sooo going to kick his ass, and I am dead serious about it!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    can't stand drunks. my gf deals with many of them at work, and often has stories to tell.

i'm lucky to have no inconsiderate roommates or neighbors atm.
    the people below sometimes turn up their music. but it's the middle of the day, and good music.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I live by myself but I feel your pain.

However the last share I had was OK. Just lighten up and chill out, that's my advice. The more of a fuss you kick up the worse the situation gets... although don't stop communicating.

Everyone has their rational side.

I used to argue to the ends of the earth about cleaning or whatever. figured out that I'm very cabable of living in other peoples shit when I have a sparkly room of my own to hybernate in.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I on my own in a 4 bed house and I will puke anywhere I want.I use the toilet mainly though.

I can also drink five pints of beer without needing a piss.
  • BigL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BigL polycounter lvl 18
    is that american piss beer, or actual english ale ?
  • Fordy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fordy polycounter lvl 18
    So ermmm whats beer pong?
  • MoP
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, I woke up this morning, and he cleaned up the floor, walls, bathtub, mirror, sink and toilet in the bathroom. He's also cleaned up the kitchen sorta. So I'm not as enraged. Sorry, but I'm not about to calm down about the subject. I told him the first day we moved in, I'm totally cool with him drinking and what not, and if he had some good liquor, I'd join. But I said it was cool just as long as he doesn't vomit all over the place. Plus, my other roomate and I just cleaned the house the other week, and it was looking and smelling great. Now it looks like a wreck, and smells like vomit and beer.

I was pissed, because he puked all over my bathroom. Not his own bathroom (there are two in the condo), but mine. I feel like I need to get some bleach or something and wipe everything down. The floor still has the grainy texture to it.

I do have 2 other roomates, the one gets drunk too, but he has the courtesy of puking outside. The other doesn't drink at all.

and trust me getting drunk, isn't the only thing he does, he also:
    Plays his music loudly (usually reggae)
    Eats everything in sight (which is why I keep all no-perishable foods in my room)
    Leaves everything on (which is why this month we were charged overages on out electricity)

Though I guess I probably should take it easy or something, because this is my last week living here, because I'm transfering away from this dissappointment of a school. But I wanted my last week here to be somewhat enjoyable, not cleaning up the house.

I told him this morning that what he did last night was bullshit. He told me shit happens...if that's his mentality, then fine. I'll just have to show the RA, pictures of the Keg in the downstairs shower, and all the beer he had out. Shit does happen, but certain people do not put up with other people's shit. Now I'm going to get his tubby ass evicted. Because having alcohol is an offense here, because these condos are dry.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    thats a matter of respect for everyone, sure they can get some fun , but disrespecting you and your space ( that althou you share it with them is also yours )...
    i doubt that you can afford it now, but if they would do it to me i would say "ta ! suckers !" and move away...disrespect is something that pisses me off...

good luck with it wink.gif
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Plays his music loudly (usually reggae)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the issue the loudly or the fact thats its raggae? Raggae isn't exactly the worst kind of music you can play loudly is it? I mean it isn't like its goth shit that you cannot understand.
  • Erol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Erol polycounter lvl 18
    2nd hand reggae kills thousands each year.
  • Tully
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tully polycounter lvl 18
    I know how you feel, neo_god, though I can't say my roommates have ever done anything so bad as puke all over the place. Mine mostly just keep all the common areas in a perpetual disgusting mess. I clean the kitchen... it's awful again by the next afternoon. Though I've complained and 2 out of the 4 of them actually have consciences and so they've picked up a bit of slack. I still end up cleaning up their styrofoam meat plates and week old food. If I get salmonella, I'm hiding the toilet paper and putting out 50 grit sandpaper.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    While having a remarkably simple premise, the game has a great depth of skill and strategy with different kinds of shots, cooperative planning, and a large element of confrontational psychology. These elements combined with the debilitating effects of alcohol creates a complex alluring game, or as some say, a sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha...add beer to any activity, and someone will call it a sport.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Though I guess I probably should take it easy or something, because this is my last week living here, because I'm transfering away from this dissappointment of a school. But I wanted my last week here to be somewhat enjoyable, not cleaning up the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so the anger has build up, I can understand that. But given the fact above, you really should leave any action to your other room mates, as they have to keep up with him while you don't have to.
  • rv_el
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
    I'm finaly living on my own. At one point i lived with (heavy) drug dealers/users. I wont even go into it. All i can say is that you need to eventually get away from that shit BUT! but!.. you should always remember what you've learned from it. It will make you a better person. Putting up with roomates is like putting up with anything else in the world and this includes jobs at game companies. Going to school isn't just about trying to do a portfolio, it shows you can put up with a lot of shit, math classes, extranious shit.. grunt work. Well with roomates its like that but for life and it will reflect at your work place as well.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    On the flipside, I'd say put up with that and you'll wind up putting up with shit all your life. If you're out of there in a week, I'd suggest cooking yourself up a little revenge. Leave the bastards something to remember you by. Fish in the air conditioning is a traditional thing to leave behind for bad flatmates to find weeks later. Who are you to break with tradition, eh wink.gif
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    It's because of Roomates in the past that I live alone, and will remain so. I'll gladly have guests over, for temporary situations, but no more roomates, especially any hedonists, of any stripe.

Scott
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'd shit in his dresser drawer the last day... and leave a note that says "Shit happens", but that's just me wink.gif

My wife is my roommate wink.gif We may not always get along, but she doesn't puke all over, so that's a bonus
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's because of Roomates in the past that I live alone, and will remain so. I'll gladly have guests over, for temporary situations, but no more roomates, especially any hedonists, of any stripe.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]
    Same here, although replace hedonists with assholes. Considerate hedonists I sure as hell don't mind. smile.gif

Frank the Avenger
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds like you need to crank up some Tenacious D!
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    I'll never understand why people put up with roommates, i spent a half year with my brother and i'll NEVER EVER share a place with another subject unless it's for very personal reasons.
    He always had loud music, to the point where the person in charge of that appartment block (sorry, dunno right now what you call them) turned off his power because my brother couldn't even hear him smashing the door. He let everything lying around all the time, it was a disgrace.

One he needed to spend the night at my place because his GF didn't let him back in after a fight, and i didn't let him into my place afraid i wouldn't be able to get rid of him again... pure paranohia.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    cuz mario, it's good to learn to share your space before you get so set in your ways you can never share anything with anyone ever again.

-R
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Relatives are really a different matter all together. I wouldn't want to share a place with my brothers either tongue.gif
    (And I do get along with them quite fine in general)
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I was roommates with a friend of two years last summer. Him and I are no longer friends. I moved into a townhome he had been renting, the only space I took up was the smaller bedroom and bathroom, and we had an office area set up in the living room/den area, so my desk and computer were there for the network connection. Otherwise everything was pretty much his, garage, master bed and bath, the vast majority of the kitchen/living room/den. During the few months I was there things quickly turned hellish, he liked drama:
    -we got in arguments because he heard me being intimate with my gf once or twice, which you can only hear on the third story when he went into my bathroom, meanwhile I heard many more times him giving it to his gf (and the underage girl he cheated on her with).
    -He took no responsibility for his cat shredding my desk (gashes a half inch deep!)
    -Tried to steal my GF on those rare occasions when I was gone, boasting about his dick size.

Moral of the story, do your damndest to never have roommates.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I think the moral of that story is, be careful who you are friends with.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, Before I go to class today, I'm going to stop by the offices at these condos, and I'm going to show them the pictures of the keg and the various beer shit he had out, and get that human mound evicted, so he'll have to pay the rest of his lease's rent and move out within a week. (Which I think should be close to $2,000 - $6,000 (I don't know if he signed a 9 month lease or 18 month lease, and then he'll probably also have to do in his security deposit, which was $550, because of all the shit he's messed up.

Moral of this story? Don't fuck with me...I'll ruin your ass, haha.

I also threw his cd book into a dumpster, so I don't have to put up with his shit music anymore.

and I'm not just doing this for revenge, I'm also doing this for my other roomate, because he's cool (he's also something short of a neat freak), because he'd still have to put up with him for another year or so.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seriously... that's like answering an insult with a atomic strike confused.gif
    You should really check your value system and rethink the entire thing as that can seriously get that guy into deep shit (financially) just for annoying you.

Beat him up, or shit in his closet or what ever (he probably deserves it), but don't do that; It really is absolutly uncalled for and definitly puts you morally in a much worse place than he is right now!

Sorry but I really mean it! That is NOT fair and you are really a piece of shit if you do that.

Oh and someone please lock this thread frown.gif
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I wouldn't recommend narc'ing him out...you could always show HIM the pictures and give them to your neat-freak buddy to hold as leverage. Getting him evicted will really fuck him over for a long time. That goes on your credit score and you'll be costing him a few thousand bucks just to get that sweet retributive feeling - way selfish. He did clean it up. If he didn't do it very well tell him to do it again. If you've ever had a beer with him at that place it would be the pinnacle of hypocrisy to rat him out.

I had a "friend" (more of an acquaintance) roommate once that was always hitting on my girlfriend. There's ways to get them to stop. Get them really drunk and shave off their eyebrows. Duct-tape them to the floor. Whatever works.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well first off, I've never drinken with him. I'm not a binge drinking asshole like him. I mean, everyone else at that little party drank until they were happy clumsy drunks, and that was it, but this fucker drinks until he blacks out, and can't tell the difference between a toilet and a fucking wall.
    Second.Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about his credit rating, or anything about him. Call me uncompassionate, I could care less really. But you are right, that it's really not my place at the moment to display this sort of information to the condos. So I gave them to my roomate, and told him he can do whatever he wants with them. Besides, there's a good chance he'll just get a warning, and will be watched, and if he does it again, then he'll be evicted.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I would be pretty pissed off if a roommate spewed all over my bathroom too. Call him on it and tell him to get on his hands and knees and clean the room down with the most bacteria-killing soap possible, until it's so spotless you can eat off the floor.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    So I gave them to my roomate, and told him he can do whatever he wants with them. Besides, there's a good chance he'll just get a warning, and will be watched, and if he does it again, then he'll be evicted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that sounds fine to me smile.gif Glad you gave it a second thought.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meh, I also took a leak in his iced tea.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    this thread is really making me feel hopeful about living in a dorm next year. thank you for that.

frown.gif
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    my college roomates were all pretty awesome and I'm still friends with them today. Actually they all ended up moving to the same area but a few weeks ago Tim, Enoc and Michelle all moved away thus ending the weekly D&D session frown.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    dont worry bout it mishra. My roommates have all been pretty great. The best roommate I ever had was the one I randomly got thrown in with freshmen year. The guy was a quiet clean freak who had a huge dvd collection, brought the TV and dvd player and stereo, and never did a mean thing in his life.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    dont worry bout it mishra. My roommates have all been pretty great. The best roommate I ever had was the one I randomly got thrown in with freshmen year. The guy was a quiet clean freak who had a huge dvd collection, brought the TV and dvd player and stereo, and never did a mean thing in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

and he was probably gay laugh.gif

(Remark for the 'political correct': I mean gay as in literal 'homosexual' not as an insult at all confused.gif )
  • rv_el
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, let me rephrase that .. i dont mean put up with like be a bitch, i mean deal with. So yeah you need to tell your roomate to stop it and voice your oppinion, but i mean dealing with the real world, not the one mommy and daddy protect you from, will help you out once you hit the real work world later on. My roomates really arent by choice, as if i had tons of money (in the past) i would still have had roomates. When i first lived on my own my rent was 150$ a month smile.gif but then when i went to silicon valley for school it was super expensive.

Although i've realized.. fuck it. if daddy can pay the bills then just go for it. I cannot do it myself but if you can then you'll benefit from not having to stress over the roomate problems and you can just live it up silver spoon style!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    rv_el I sense some personal issues rising in your response. Im not sure where it was ever mentioned Neo's income bracket?

And even if it was, that was a quantum leap to link that to personal responsibility.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    baa,, at uni i had to share a room ( i mean actually sleep next to ) a guy i had never met... i t was sorta: "hi , so your who im gonna live with for the next year?" we got on really well , and moved in to a private house with 3 other people at the end of the year and stayed all together for 3 years. We all got girlfriends that had friends and so on , so we had a massive social circle that is still alive now. Mishra, it can turn out good , even when it looks real bad.

On the other hand, the people i shared with after uni, well they had a "lifestyle choice". they used to goto bed at 6am and get up at about 5pm, so they would be cooking dinner at 3 in the morning and watching films at top volume. then come and complain to me that my cooking was smelling. Now i live alone.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    can't beat 'em join 'em.

half the reason why I still go to bed at 6am I guess.
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    In college and the Corps I had roommates. And to be honest, never really had a bad one. Worst one was a VERY preachy Born Again Christian... as in didn't smoke, drink, swear, chase women, or do ANYTHING but preach. Funniest prank I ever pulled on him was, since this was the days when 3 1/2 floppies were still used extensively, I replaced an .exe on one of his floppies (after making a backup, of course) with one of those old self-running movie archives of some pr0n. I happened to be in the room when he started it up, and died laughing at his reaction. Finally got him to break a bit, and though we had a prank war after that, it all turned out cool.

Can't say I'm still associated with any of my roomies except the current ones, though... mainly because they all lived out of state.
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    If you like hearing about this sort of share-house hijinx I can reccomend the book: He died with a felafel in his hand (or the movie which was made from the book)
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    rv_el I sense some personal issues rising in your response. Im not sure where it was ever mentioned Neo's income bracket?

And even if it was, that was a quantum leap to link that to personal responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the comment was directed toward Jackablade's response to rv_el's previous comment.