Home General Discussion

Gaming granny

lkraan
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
lkraan polycounter lvl 18
I don't know if this is old but she sure kicks ass!

http://falarious.com/displayimage-2-56.html

Replies

• Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    That's awesome.
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    OMG old people play games? (just imagine in about 40 years or so that will be US!)

x_X
  • Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    I remember when I worked in a game store, one of my regular customers was these two old ladies who loved to play first person shooters.
    They would always come in and ask me which ones were best.
    Their favourites were Quake 3, Half-Life and Red Faction.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Next thing you know, they'll be shooting up the nursing homes, just like kids

(j/k)
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Seriously a great way to spend retirement!!!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    one of the women in the wow guild im in is retired, and in her late 50s. she gets on team speak every once in a while, so i know its not a 43 year old man.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Dood, I'm 55. I play BF2 in a clan. One of the guys in our clan is 65, lol. I own Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam. I have all the Quake series....and the Unreal Tournament series as well as Castle Wolfenstein and Far Cry. These things are a hoot and some major bang for your buck. smile.gif
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    I hear you Sal - I am 43 now and still can't get enough. smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I think it's cool that older generations are getting into gaming. Then maybe people wouldn't associate it with kids only. They like to blame anything undesireable about kids, on gaming. Like attention spans, anger, and obesity. Funny, these all existed when I was a kid prior to the rise of the Atari.
    I'm sure I'll still be gaming when I'm considered a senior, and probably whooping as on my grandkids in Halo 10 or whatever the popular game of the time is wink.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Frosty: yeah man....I always did like arcade games and played as far back as Commodore 64 and even pong. I got into PC gaming when a friend turned me on to Quake I....it's all been downhill from there. smile.gif
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    I'm 42 and have been gaming since the arcade days. PC from doom onwards. I still gasp, gape and giggle with glee whenever I get my hands on a new title. Good to see we have so many 'mature' Polycounters.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i'd love it if my nan, who's now 85 and suddenly, sadly, more-or-less housebound got into games. All she does is watch endless detective DVDs anyway, an involving game with a decent plot would be much more stimulating i'm sure.

Just have to make sure it doesn't rely on the reflexes too much, so most action games are out of the picture ... and it'd have to be for a reasonably modern console, so it can be plugged straight into her whacking great telly and only requires a flick of a switch to get going.

Any ideas anyone? Something akin to the old Blade Runner PC game, but for PS2/GC/XBox would be ideal ... oh yeah, and not too many "bed scenes". A bit of "blue language" is okay, cos thats how they talked in the old days anyway dear, eeh, your departed grandad could swear like a docker when the need took him but you weren't brought up to it were you, nah you're a decent lot, eeeh any road up, put the kettle on would you Cracker's on UK Gold ...

anyway, yeah, help would be useful. Ta