Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UT2K4] God Horus (*Update* Model download)

SABRETOOTH
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
SABRETOOTH polycounter lvl 18
Hi all, this is a Wip of a model inspired on the Anubis model of Unreal Championship2 XD

Here some pix

HorusRender01.jpg
HorusRender02.jpg
And, sorry for my poor english blush.gifgrin.gif

Edit!!

I will upload the model to Fileplanet, but i have this temporary download link for the community...

**** Download ****

Replies

• Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Make with the dirt!
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    very cool, but the gold looks a little dull.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    *orgasm*

really really really really really really awesome model...i LOVE Egyptian culture, and i LOVE mixing futuristic technology with it...it just makes the greatest thing ever, though i prefer a jackal (Anubis, same thing)

Only thing i hate about the model, is just the huge amount of bulk you have on the head and shoulders (no not the shampoo)...there is just so much weight there, its bothersome and kind of an eyesore to me...it looks fine in renders, but in UT2k4 it looks very awkward

either way you can definately count on me downloading this beast...*orgasm again*
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome design. The texture is good, but yeah, it could be pushed more. The top and bottom are too similar in brightness.. What if he was darker in the legs, and brighter near his face a ( good focal point.) Push the values.. and throw in some unexpected color too.

Once again though.. awesome model and design.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    well, i'd DL it. when i get my UT2K4 working again..
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Ever consider baking some lighting into it? I dissagree with simply adding dirt as a principle to give a texture definition. It's too overused. Try baking some slightly overhead shodows into the guy. Most of the levels in UT have overhead lights. Should'nt look too out of place with it's own lighting. Hmm..
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Scratches, dents, a little oxidation, stains. It doesn't have to be just dirt...

Oh, didn't mention how much I love the model. I just think you can do so much more with the texture.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    kick ass, although the texture gets more saturated towards the bottom of the model, and it deserves a spec map
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    F-ing sweet! head and boots are my favourite bit. I don't think this needs to be dirtied up personally, but i'd like to see the cool patterns stand out a bit more
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Great job, this has a ton of potential. I really dig the design, and I am going to disagree with Darth Revan, as the bulk around the head and shoulders is my favorate part. I think what you need to do is go in and separate the shapes more. Right now you don't have any heavy handed values, everything is kind of middle value. Go in and reall separate the things with bright highlights on the upper facing planes and deep shadows underneath to make it easy to spot the change in volume and form. Right now I thought the head had a ghost image going on, because the top chunk is darker along the edge than the bottom chunk. Push it a bit more, and it will rock, it's good now, but it could be much better.
  • SABRETOOTH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanx for the comments guys!

I will have in mind your comments for the others skins!

grin.gif
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    I love this model- though the abdomen seems too thin to me. As for the texture- what everyone else said. Did anyone say more color variation? It has a flat, started-in-greyscale look to it. More highs and lows. And a little wear wouldn't hurt.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, I'm in love. The body under the armor has a fantastic, attractive form, and the armor design seems classic yet original. Looking forward to more of your work. No crits, all appreciation.
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    I agree, more color variations, hues, etc, and dammit, I never get to post advice that hasn't already been stated. You guys are too on.

Whats the tri count of this guy? Flats if you get a chance? I'm curious to see how you used your texture space, everything looks really even, which is a good thing.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with most of the points listed. All of those linear detail bits get lost unless at an upclose level. At a distance the masses and shapes work well, but at a mid-distance there is not enough tonal groups to break up the large mesh shapes there. maybe if you set some direction to where the linear segments are going on in your fine detailed areas.
    You can kind of see what I'm getting at here (although it's pretty evenly distributed and alternated)
    I'd say doing it going in one direction on a couple of segments at a time would help out. Not as strong as what I did though, as there was also an envmap shader added in-game.
    Hope that helps. xb35_small.jpg
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    Asskicking looking good, so many details.

just woow im now a fan !
  • SABRETOOTH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that looks awesome. I will so dl this for ut2k4.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Needs a bit more contrast, and it needs a fref map sader for the gold. Like the design

Scott
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    wow...
    I'm impressed.
    I can't wait to add this model to my game.
    Are you going to make more UC:2 characters?

Etienne
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    oh kick ass someone made a Chozo!
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    Excellent stuff Sabretooth...really liking whole character model, proprtions are spot on, I also like the texturing, but agree with some of the earlier posts, the gold areas need more of a shine to those parts, definitely a spec map should be used methinks....Very cool tho'... smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with some of the general sentiment that the texture needs a little something. Contrast boost, or a little more pre-lighting. And in fact since there are so many little shapes and sub parts to this thing, I think that an ambient occlusion pass using a dirtmap type shader baked into it would seriously make it pop. The face under the mask could use another pass too. It's not up the same quality as the rest of the asset. That said, awesome work.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Woot, cool man!

With his more slender, athletic proportions I can't help but want to see slightly more delicate, slicker armor bits, maybe suggesting he's a bit more agile a character than Anubis and the other steroid junkies in UC2 ... but what you've got is cool as shit anyway. I'd love to see more UC2-derived stuff from ya.
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Take a look at some of Shotgun's work if you want some reference for kickass metal (particularly gold) texturing. I'm pretty sure that Soul did some really nice gold stuff on one or two of his older models as well.
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    What the others said. It could be the color settings on this monitor, but im not sure if i can tell if the yellow stuff is gold or stone.

Other than that, absofuckinlutely fantastic!
  • SABRETOOTH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Are you going to make more UC:2 characters?

Etienne

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know....Maybie other egyptian god.... (Like Sobek)

Well, i work on the textures again....

Other pix here...

GHSHADER03.jpg

GHSHADER02.jpg

GHSHADER01.jpg

Now with shaders.... grin.gif

PS: Thanx for all your comments guys!
  • sumguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sumguy polycounter lvl 18
    bravo...

I believe the original texture is fine I wouldn't touch it.
    Most of the comments here aren't taking Unreals shaders into account, spend the rest of your time there and you'll have a masterpiece.

As for the Dirt, it's a matter of preference, sometimes I like to see a clean look. Has the royal feel that a God would have.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, I agree with sumguy. This is tight as shit.
    Are you going to release the unreal package to the community?
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks f&*@~ing sweet as hell in game
  • Darksun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darksun polycounter lvl 18
    Free-king awesome. Love the Large torso, small waist. Great style. Maybe some wethering would help, but Egyptian artifacts/style look great clean. awesome anyways..
  • Kristian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kristian polycounter lvl 18
    Clean and beautiful! Great job on pulling off those proportions, he looks heavy as hell without becoming unelegant. Love the hard rubbery quality of the soft pieces of his armour.

The ankh emblazoned on his crotch looks a bit odd to me, though. It's almost as if it breaks with the "classiness" of the overall design and just seems stamped on to fill in a blank. Nevertheless, it's a great looking character and a very solid piece overall. grin.gif
  • c0nspire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0nspire polycounter lvl 18
    awesome model i love it!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    cool model! i love the upper back details.
  • LtEthe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LtEthe polycounter lvl 18
    Fuck yeah! (thas cool right? I'm not gonna get banned or nuthin?)

Ace work, texture is awesome, just a little shader work in UT, and you're rarin to go. Excellent stuff man.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    This looks godly now (ehehe...)! I think the texture works much better when added some colour to it. Now you can really tell that's gold he's' wearing. I have no idea what kind of effects you can pull off with the UT2004 shader, but I'm eagerly awaiting the results.
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    man, i absolutely love this model. It is just awesome. WOW. the textures are great. Absolutely excellent
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    definately a great model, cool armor design, fits well in ut2004 smile.gif
    upper legs reminds me a little of Saint Seya armor designs too tongue.gif
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saber,

The model look really good with the shader and without it. I might recommend realesing the model giving the options to use with the shader and without...

As for a 2nd model ... I'd like to see your take on Selket. You don't have to make a copy past version of the UC2 version. wink.gif I have not see an image of Sobek. Do you have one to show?

Lauren is pretty cool too ... hmm...

I can't wait to use this character!

Thanks.

Etienne
  • SABRETOOTH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Saber,

The model look really good with the shader and without it. I might recommend realesing the model giving the options to use with the shader and without...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea...Thanx

[ QUOTE ]

As for a 2nd model ... I'd like to see your take on Selket. You don't have to make a copy past version of the UC2 version. wink.gif I have not see an image of Sobek. Do you have one to show?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have any pic of Sobek, because i dont know if the Sobek model exist.... XD

[ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to use this character!

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the "God Horus" skin is finished, and the team skins too (blue and red) Now i still working on other two original skins for the model...

Thanx Etienne, and all for the comments. And i repeat, sorry for my bad english.... frown.gif
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Woooow what a nicely packed design!! Great silhouette. What for a release date?
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saber,
    Where are you from? My first language is French... I don't like writing it outside of work. heh heh

I've read about Sobek in UC:2. But I've not seen any images of him yet.

I can't wait to see the final product. Do you need a beta tester?

Etienne
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    http://www.unrealchampionship2.com/main.php

go to Characters, Sobek is at the bottom center of the char select image.
  • SABRETOOTH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, the Sobek character exist after all.....But what i have on mind its something more.....Big.... XD

Etienne: I live at the end of the world (In a country called Chile) and i speak spanish... XD

Here other pics of the new skin...

Sg_ingame01.jpg

Sg_ingame02.jpg

I still working on this skin...

Bye...
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moose:
    He wasn't there a few days ago... I guess they "unlocked" him. I don't like how Sobek looks.

SABRETOOTH:
    How is fall in Chile? Today is the first day of Spring in Canada. You must have the oposite since you are in the South side of the planet.

Your skin looks AWSOME! Does the Blue do something? Like fade in and out?

Take care!

Etienne
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can i be cheeky and request gold and green team skins for CTF4 please?
  • SABRETOOTH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, other image...This time the model have the final version of the second Skin

SG_Render01.jpg

Etienne: Thanx for your comments. And yeah, the lights have fade effects. (And We are in Summer here smile.gif )

sundance: Ok, I will work on the CTF4 Skins

Thanx guys!
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    niiiiiiice...

and thanks
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice Saber!
    I don't want to be in the way of this guy also! How is your 2nd skin coming along?

Etienne
  • SABRETOOTH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ufff.....At last....I finish all the skins! And Ctf4 support for all the skins too (God-Horus, Karnak and Luxor)

Here a render of the last skin....

FGRender.jpg

The release is planned for today or tomorrow... XD

Bye guys! And thanx for the crits and the feedback smile.gif