Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    lucky you, ... you get to drive

My car is frozen frown.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, what the hell. Snowing in Texas, but not in North-East England? What is wrong with the world?!
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Snowing in Texas!

Pretty weird Dukester, me too, projected high for Thursday is like 5 where I live.

But no fear I am frostman the mighty Norseman who feels no cold cos I work in an office. smile.gif
  • Bradfordart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, it's -5 outside here and no snow, yet. I came from Texas and it's snowing there? Wow.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    i live between san antonio and austin in texas

the other day it was like 84 degrees and sunny as hell

right now its 6 pm and 38 degrees

wtf potatoes
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    Monday: violent winds highs in the 60's
    Tuesday: a little breezy, hit the 70's
    Wednesday: Early sleet and sporadice snowflakes throughout the day. Windier'n hell in temps in the 20's.

Texas! I have Monday off and I bet you a dollar I will be playing golf that day...comfortably smile.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I, on the other hand, will probably end up spending Christmas alone, because I can't plow my car through the snow drifts to get to Columbus frown.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Excuse me while I laugh.
    OMG!
    SNOW!
    bhahhaah
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    We haven't gotten any frickin snow here yet. If I don't have a white Christmas I'm gonna be pissed. And for the amount of cold we have had, we should have snow.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    We got a lot of snow last month here in Reno. BoBo also seemed to enjoy it.
    Damn...I should have pegged him with a snowball poly130.gif

I'd like to get more snow here, particularly on Xmas. Looks like we're going to get some about a week after frown.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Your breakin' my heart, Dukey! smile.gif We had a cold ass day in the teens on Monday but it hasn't been too bad over all. Golf, eh? I like golf. I haven't had my Tommy Armor's out in 2 years. frown.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Grrr... All I got was rain... Well, okay, subzero temperatures would have been a pain in the ass at work (well, face, actually. My ass is covered pretty well). Damn leaves would've frozen to the ground again.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Worst things about snow in Texas:

1. The dang locals are scared poopless of it.

2. This is because they can't drive on it.

3. Nobody here has the sense to salt the roads for one day a year.

I'm a Dallas native, but I went to college in central New York, so I know what REAL snow looks like. I never saw the school or the city of Syracuse close because of it, despite the fact that they have it up their waists from November to March.

But hey, snow!! Whee!

/jzero
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    Snow is not that scary, freezing rain and sleet (what we usually see) does bug me though. Also why ask someone in Texas to at least risk there car going to work or school for something that usually only lasts a day? I can see New York trudging on, but they are going to have to endure it for a longer period!

Anyway, back in the late 70's we got so much snow one winter we had 7ft snowdrifts coming over the backyard fence. That was the most accumulation I have seen here smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I'm on vacation in Cincinnati atm. My first job this morning was to help shovel a foot of snow from the drive way. In NC, at the sight of a flake of snow, everyone panics and everything closes. People rush to buy water and batteries. This will be the first white Christmas I've had in years. Not sure what all the panic is about. You northerners know how to take care of the roads.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Worst things about snow in Texas:

1. The dang locals are scared poopless of it.

2. This is because they can't drive on it.

3. Nobody here has the sense to salt the roads for one day a year.

I'm a Dallas native, but I went to college in central New York, so I know what REAL snow looks like. I never saw the school or the city of Syracuse close because of it, despite the fact that they have it up their waists from November to March.

But hey, snow!! Whee!

/jzero

[/ QUOTE ]

well its very differnt this year, it's snowed like once so far. hell, yesterday it was raining and like 55 degrees. i doubt it will be snowing much this year.