Home General Discussion

Romulan VS Earth WARS = Romulan Wars

jack_blackSISCO
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
jack_blackSISCO polycounter lvl 18
Finally this series is getting back on track to the historical cannon plot line. As we all know, this series, besides effects, sucked balls. Now, since Bermen and company were fired, they got a new guy in the mix that, in my humble treky fanatical opinion, is far better. If I know my Treky encyclopedia history correctly, the romulan wars is what ushered in the mighty Federation. Read the link below.
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/7975.html

Replies

• sundance
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    *smack*
    enterprise doesn't suck balls and never did. it actually started off fairly well, compared to the last 3 shows which took well into their third or even 4th seasons to get good. to wit: shadows of p'jem, the andorian incident, shuttlepod 1, minefield, the borg episode, the ferengi episode and shockwave 1 and 2 and most of season 3.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, and also by the by...Berman and Braga didnt get fired.
    They put Manny Coto, a staff writer, into a producing position to help them out.
    For me? I've liked the series since episode one. Sure the theme song was kinda sucky...and then they made it worse.
    And a couple episodes have been stinkers, but all the series had that. Remember Next Gen first 3 seasons?
  • sundance
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah. and DS9 seasons 1-2 were pretty lame, it only got good when the defiant and the dominion came in. and voyager was pretty lame in it's first 3 seasons.
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Offline / Send Message
    Regarding the Opening theme song, I like there end credits song way better. More electric gutaur and stylistic to the era and feel.(Copy and paste)>

javascript:openwindow('/startrek/videoview?id=7730&episodeid=7548&count=-1','videopopup','width=350,height=400')

I do like how they tie in the clothing style so well. Shirt and tie for military, scientific and formal Attire.
  • Mojo2k
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    watched enterprise for the first time last nite, and it was actualy decent, tho i was amazed at how horrible the theme was.. who's idea was that? make me want to slap someone,
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Offline / Send Message
  • Scott Ruggels
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    yeah. and DS9 seasons 1-2 were pretty lame, it only got good when the defiant and the dominion came in. and voyager was pretty lame in it's first 3 seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voyager was always lame.

DS9 did get better. I wish I could give Enterprise a chance, but after I saw the last of "Firefly" I moved, and have no TV to speak of anymore, because there is no way I will give COmcast my money, and the building is oriented incorrectly for me to get Satellite in my Apartment. I did kind of like the first season of Enterprise. So do they have more than one Warp Capable ship now?

Scott
  • TEX
    Offline / Send Message
    TEX polycounter lvl 18
    I think they've always had warp 5 in enterprise. Enterprise has been pretty cool, i've found it entertaining enough to watch, not like the others where i got bored in the middle of the show, and yeah the opening theme sucks heh..
  • KMan
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    I wanted to see those season finale/premiere episodes, just because of the germans and alien mix-up.
  • sundance
    Offline / Send Message
    don't get me started on the idiocy of firefly and it's no aliens, not even microbes, rule and it's stupid mix of hi tech and lo tech.
  • Jes
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Sacrifice Of Angels... smile.gif

DS9 is, without a doubt, the best StarTrek series. Period! xD
  • Asherr
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    now, now sundance no need to insult another series in a thread about a series that has strayed so far from the creator's vision its not even funny.

"If I won't hear it on the bridge of the battleship Iowa, I won't believe it on the bridge of the starship Enterprise." - Gene Roddenberry circa 1966