Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag 3.08 Freezing on Renders?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Amank679 polycounter lvl 5
Hi all,

This is my first attempt at doing a beauty render of a model in Marmoset Toolbag 3 and I came across an issue where after I drag and drop all my textures onto each part of the model. The software freezes up and I'm not able to click on anything.

I'm not sure if Toolbag 3 has a polygon limit or Textures per object limit, but my model's low poly is 40k tris using several UDIMs and 4L Textures.
I know Toolbag doesn't currently fully support UDIMs, but they worked fine during bakes.

I also enabled the Tdr delay tool from Marmoset's website, but that's didn't seem to fix my issue.

Please do let me know your thoughts on how I can fix this.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What video card do you have / how much video memory? With multiple 4K UDIM sets it's possible that you're running out of video memory. You can track your video memory by going to Task Manager, clicking Performance, and then clicking on the GPU tab.

Things you can do to free up vram:
    • Close other vram hungry apps like Photoshop, Substance, Maya, etc
    • Reduce the bit-depth of textures if you're using 16 or 32 bit, 8-bit will use a lot less vram
    • Remove any materials which reference textures which are not in us
    • Reduce the size of your textures if you're still using too much vram
  • Amank679
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amank679 polycounter lvl 5
    What video card do you have / how much video memory? With multiple 4K UDIM sets it's possible that you're running out of video memory. You can track your video memory by going to Task Manager, clicking Performance, and then clicking on the GPU tab.

Things you can do to free up vram:
    • Close other vram hungry apps like Photoshop, Substance, Maya, etc
    • Reduce the bit-depth of textures if you're using 16 or 32 bit, 8-bit will use a lot less vram
    • Remove any materials which reference textures which are not in us
    • Reduce the size of your textures if you're still using too much vram

Thanks for the reply!
    I have an Nvidia GTX 1060 MaxQ with either 6 of 8 GB VRAM.
    I usually only keep one program open at any given time, unless absolutely necessary. I'll be sure to make these adjustments!