Home Marmoset

Toolbag 3.08 Cage Issue

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Amank679 polycounter lvl 5
Hi all!

I've recently started using Marmoset Toolbag and I'm coming across an issue where the cage for my low poly model doesn't always show up when I import my model. Recently, I've had to open a new scene multiple times from which some of them will load the cage.

I have kept all the settings to default apart from Unit of Measurment and Tangent Space.

For reference, my process is:
Open New Scene
Add Baker
Import Model
Place corresponding model in proper low/high bake group folder
Adjust bake attributes
Bake

I'm not sure if it's a possible bug in the software preventing me from seeing my cage or if it's a misstep on my end. 
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• WillDettrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WillDettrey polycounter lvl 11
    Hi @Amank679, I'm going to be putting a test case of this together and see what my results are. I'll let you know when I finish that and if I need any additional info or files. Thank you!
  • Amank679
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi @Amank679, I'm going to be putting a test case of this together and see what my results are. I'll let you know when I finish that and if I need any additional info or files. Thank you!
    Ok, sounds good, thanks!!!
  • Amank679
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for taking the time to check on this issue, I think I've found a solution. I updated both types of my Nvidia Drivers (the game ready and studio drivers) and it seems to have fixed my cage issue. Not sure if that was directly linked to the issue, but I would still appreciate it if you could run some tests.

Thanks again!
  • WillDettrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WillDettrey polycounter lvl 11
    Hi @Amank679, Thanks for the follow up information. I have not run across a scenario yet where my low poly was either not there or not visible. This includes importing and manually sorting to the Baker or using the Quick Load feature of the baker. Something to keep in mind is that we do have options to quickly toggle the visibility of the High or Low poly objects by clicking the "H" or "L" buttons at the parent root of the Baker Tab. Perhaps that is partially what you are experiencing along with the driver updates.

Of course, if you have further screenshots, repro steps or even files that you are still experiencing issues with then we would love to review them to insure there aren't any other issues occurring. You can always send files along with a proper description of the issue to our support address of: support@marmoset.co

Thanks again! 
  • Amank679
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi @Amank679, Thanks for the follow up information. I have not run across a scenario yet where my low poly was either not there or not visible. This includes importing and manually sorting to the Baker or using the Quick Load feature of the baker. Something to keep in mind is that we do have options to quickly toggle the visibility of the High or Low poly objects by clicking the "H" or "L" buttons at the parent root of the Baker Tab. Perhaps that is partially what you are experiencing along with the driver updates.

Of course, if you have further screenshots, repro steps or even files that you are still experiencing issues with then we would love to review them to insure there aren't any other issues occurring. You can always send files along with a proper description of the issue to our support address of: support@marmoset.co

Thanks again! 

Thanks for the reply! I don't seem to be having the issue anymore. I do think it was simply a driver issue or model issue. I'll let you know if I come across this issue again.

Thanks again!