Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Marmoset Toolbag video: Inside the Mind | Xavier Coelho-Kostolny: Creating Swagnificent

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
A few months ago the fine folks at Marmoset asked me to put together a video demonstrating the workflow I use for creating personal work, and show how I integrate Toolbag 2 into my workflow. 

...So here it is!

Here are some screenshots of the final product:

The video goes over the general process I use for making stylized characters including sculpting, clothing construction, and high-poly retopo in Zbrush, Modo, and Marvelous Designer, low-poly and UVs in Modo and IPackThat, baking maps in Knald, painting textures in Photoshop, and presenting the finished product in Marmoset Toolbag 2.

Because the video is more of a general overview than a tutorial, it focuses mainly on general techniques and best practices that I use for most of my work rather than giving specific instructions on how to do every single little thing in every single program. You're not going to get much "Press Ctrl+C to copy stuff" in this video, but I do give tips about some infrequently discussed tools and techniques in Zbrush, Modo, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop, and Toolbag 2.

I hope you like it!

Replies