Home Technical Talk

First full-featured 3d-modeling software for Android tablets

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Scalisoft polycounter lvl 3
icon.png
Spacedraw, an advanced 3d-graphics program, developed from scratch for multi-touch tablets and smartphones, is now available for Android!

It
  • introduces novel ways of viewing, drawing & modeling
  • makes efficient and intuitive use of multi-touch and motion-sensors throughout
  • runs on almost any Android-device and adapts to any screen-size, -type and -resolution
  • is aimed at both professionals and novices
It covers
  • drawing / constructing lines, curves and primitives
  • polygon- and patch-modeling
  • lighting, materials, texture mapping
  • 3d-painting
Available at www.scalisoft.com is
  • a detailed feature list
  • a comprehensive user manual
  • first examples of what can be done with Spacedraw, as scene files with construction-history, and screencasts of the creation
  • a quick-start guide to take the first steps with Spacedraw
Spacedraw is available as a free, ad-free version that can be used without any limitation aside from
• only scenes and models with up to 1000 vertices, and no undo-history can be saved to files
A key can be purchased to remove this limitation for currently just $4.99

Get it at Google Play, http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scalisoft.spacedraw

Please use this thread to discuss the program!

i0.jpg
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2_Y3_CXy0s[/video]
i00.jpgi2.jpgi1.jpg
i3.jpgi4.jpg

Replies

• ScottP
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottP polycounter lvl 10
    Give me an iOS version and will instabuy!
  • WarrenM
    Same! iOS and this is an insta-buy. This would be incredible on the iPad.
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Downloaded and have fun messing with it, still unsure exactly how the ui works, but I'm able to get a box created and start extruding. I'd like some solid snapping to grid options, I might just be missing the options for it though.
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    iOS has its own 3D softwares, stop trying to take our glory. :P

Anyhow per this.

I can't figure out heads or tails for the interface. The video doesn't help much. It from a UI design is poorly layed out. The button sizes are also better suited to a tablet per trying to hit some of those closely spaced text options was hard.

1000? Tris or polies? In either case that is way below what a modern/mainstream device can handle. Pretty much chucks working with any sub d out the window. If you're trying to reach the largest audience with this, why not allow the program to detect what capabilities the device has and adjust the max count based in that? Or a simpler method would be like anything under 2.2 is assumed 1000 only with an option to uncheck this max limit.

Don't get me wrong its an amazing acheivement. Right now though it looks more useful for quick Arch/Cad/ or Level Design layouts, than for creating anything complex/organic.

If you could get some of the functionality and easy to pick up and use of the TrueSculp app mixed with the full 3d space and tools you have already. Along with a more reasonable polycount and subd. You could be on to something.

BTW I have a rooted device so I didn't look closely but another way to get people to buy the full version would be having the suggested checkbox greyed out in the free one. As most rooted people block ads.

EDIT: If you were stating its the free version limited to 1000, it doesnt come off right as you mention in the sentence above both the free and paid version.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    Downloaded and have fun messing with it, still unsure exactly how the ui works, but I'm able to get a box created and start extruding. I'd like some solid snapping to grid options, I might just be missing the options for it though.

just enable "grid-snap", located in the ribbon before the other snap-icons! the grid adapts to the zoom; see this video for some simple applications of grid-snap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zeF0Gpr0-c&feature=youtu.be
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary wrote: »
    iOS has its own 3D softwares, stop trying to take our glory. :P

Anyhow per this.

I can't figure out heads or tails for the interface. The video doesn't help much. It from a UI design is poorly layed out. The button sizes are also better suited to a tablet per trying to hit some of those closely spaced text options was hard.

You can freely change the UI size in the preferences!
    1000? Tris or polies? In either case that is way below what a modern/mainstream device can handle. Pretty much chucks working with any sub d out the window. If you're trying to reach the largest audience with this, why not allow the program to detect what capabilities the device has and adjust the max count based in that? Or a simpler method would be like anything under 2.2 is assumed 1000 only with an option to uncheck this max limit.

Don't get me wrong its an amazing acheivement. Right now though it looks more useful for quick Arch/Cad/ or Level Design layouts, than for creating anything complex/organic.

If you could get some of the functionality and easy to pick up and use of the TrueSculp app mixed with the full 3d space and tools you have already. Along with a more reasonable polycount and subd. You could be on to something.

BTW I have a rooted device so I didn't look closely but another way to get people to buy the full version would be having the suggested checkbox greyed out in the free one. As most rooted people block ads.

EDIT: If you were stating its the free version limited to 1000, it doesnt come off right as you mention in the sentence above both the free and paid version.

Yep, the free version is limited to 1000 vertices. And the free version also is ad-free, i.e. contains no ads! I don't see what is unclear in the statement.
  • Skillmister
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    I had quite a play around with this and it's pretty cool. However, i really don't have a clue how i did most of what i did, certainly couldn't replicate it. Whether that's my fault or the seemingly hella confusing interface i don't know, but this is how i felt

eiHmm.jpg
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    A detailed tutorial about creating a tower, written also for novices is now available in the Getting started section of the website
    15.jpg
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    it's a really cool heck-we-can-do-it project, but seriously, modeling assets that look like from 10 years ago on a table, seriously? ;)
  • Xoliul
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I don't think the we should assume the quality of the assets is an indicator of what the software is capable of in this case.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    I don't think the we should assume the quality of the assets is an indicator of what the software is capable of in this case.

you're exactly right! the assets shown so far were created by me in a few hours, and I'm absolutely no artist. We will see what people make of it...
  • Xoliul
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    So I gave this a try on my Nexus 7. I couldn't get anywhere! The website seems to be offline, and the video's don't have audio or text, so I can't tell what to do.
    Right now it's all very unclear, I don't even understand how to navigate 3D space. The UI really isn't very intuitive.
    I think there's quite a few things you can do to improve this, one thing that springs to mind is something like Max's Viewcube that allows you to navigate more easily and jump to predefined views.
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    TrueSculpt I again want to point out as its very intuitive. I realize with a full 3d modeling package you have going on you can't have that type of simplicity. But the side nested options work well as well as the built in help/description of each tool when you click/hold on them. The viewcube Xoliul suggests would help as well.

http://code.google.com/p/truesculpt/
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    So I gave this a try on my Nexus 7. I couldn't get anywhere! The website seems to be offline, and the video's don't have audio or text, so I can't tell what to do.
    Right now it's all very unclear, I don't even understand how to navigate 3D space. The UI really isn't very intuitive.
    I think there's quite a few things you can do to improve this, one thing that springs to mind is something like Max's Viewcube that allows you to navigate more easily and jump to predefined views.

There seems to be a problem with the site when using Firefox, please try another browser. Also, the manual is installed with the app as PDF, available via "Manual" from the F-menu, or on the SD-card in the /spacedraw folder.

There is now a detailed quick-start tutorial at http://www.scalisoft.com/quickstart.htm; this link should also work with Firefox.

By reading the first part of it, you should get used to the navigation in a few minutes.
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator

You could look at the assets and think this is where I draw my conclusion from, but this is not really the case.

Consider this: who will, in all seriousness, produce an AAA asset on a tablet? Even if the software were pretty damn good, would you? Because I have a hard time imagining anyone who has a decent PC at work or at home would. So what else will then produced with it? It seems a bit of a lot of effort to produce an app with such great features for people to doodle with. Sure, the inner geek in me thinks its cool, but the little manager guy wonders about the why?.

I don't want to diss this project in any way. I really respect the effort going into it and the skills needed to pull it off. I'm just wondering whether it's worth it? (ok, you could probably also ask who's using GIMP in a professional studio environment, but there may be a handful of users). Maybe if Samsung finally makes a decent tablet with a pen (not the crap note) then it could be really nice to have this to sculpt or texture...
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    tell the little manager insife you, that his minions could work on the way to or from work, in holiday or at their parents, think of the additional workforce!!
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    By that logic K, why bother with having office like apps let alone sketching or even music creation. Hell, why even bother with a smart phone?!
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    why even bother with a smart phone?!

Which is the correct question to ask.

They're underpowered, have almost no battery life when you as much watch a movie, their default 'app managers' most of the time are rubbish, not to mention 'leak' memory or reference text files after a few years of use which cannot be deleted without a hard reset, and shouldn't even be called smart in the first place.

So I kinda see where Kwra is coming, I mean you can get a second hand Laptop for the price of Tablet that is 10 times more powerful and can get a pair of 9-Cell batteries that will last you on average 6 hours of full work, unless you plan on going with a plan, not to mention most carriers won't sport the Tablet you're looking for until a couple of years/months later, or without forcing you to gauge out some hefty money to get a totally rubbish service for early access.

I'm not saying the program shouldn't exist, but we're years away (on a hardware level) to get any tools that even offer the robust basic function that you can get with larger-grade hardware and software. The software isn't the problem, it's the hardware at this stage, hence which shows why this app is having the issues it currently.

The few other apps for 3D which exist on the other hand are soo simple, that you might as well use Sculptris or ZB, since those atleast function properly and have a plethora of options to use.

Also, since most people use their Tablets as a reader, browser, or lite gaming device, even as a Phone in many cases, I really doubt you want to do something that will leave without juice in under a few hours, taking the Train/Metro home, only to get stuck in it, without juice, unable to call your family/friends/peeps/pimps to tell them that you'll be late for at least an hour or two, AND without entertainment to keep you occupied, doesn't sound too grand.

Again, lets me make this clear, I'm against the software, I'm against the idea of said software on CURRENT HARDWARE.
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    hansolocambo polycounter lvl 8
    I began to use Spacedraw maybe 4 months ago. It's quiet puzzling to start with it when you come from Max or Blender. But when you get used to it, the interface is actually amazing. So many bright ideas in there to model with one or more fingers.

My first tests really sucked. But I'm now quiet pleased with the last two scenes I did. A small house in the snow and some kind of patio in a cathedral. I did nearly 14 scenes with it (some unfinished because I was too greedy and didn't know the limits of my S3 mini. After 2500 poly average the CPUs kinda suffer big time...)*I share with you some screenshots of my works. 100% made on Samsung S3 Mini with Spacedraw and Photoshop Touch.

If you have any question regarding bugs and limitations of the app, or if you need any help with the tools, just ask me there or send me a mail at : hansolocambo@gmail.com *I might be able to give you a few tricks ;)This soft is the only one of his kind on smartphones and Scalisoft did a really great job. Other 3D softs are a joke compared to this one. Yes it's not yet perfect, but they're the pioneers of a full 3D Touch App ^^.

Spacedraw needs a lot of improvements but I know they worked hard on an update those last two months and it will be released soon on the store. Much more accurate selection in viewport, orthographic view, improved tripod XYZ, lots of crash issues resolved, snapping and copy improved, hide/unhide fixed and a freeze/unfreeze option, and so on... I really hope they'll release it soon !!! :)

HanSoloCambo.
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    My very first test. I was not yet convinced one could do anything with Spacedraw.
    01-House.jpg

Second test. Huge problems to select an object surrounded by others. This is fixed in the next update that'll be released soon.
    02-Corridor.jpg

Third test. Main issue in this one was the textures. The scene behave weirdly and reveals its problems when exported to .obj (this format helps a lot to find or fix issues). Materials issues also fixed in next update.
    03-factory.jpg

Tests made 100% with inflate tool. Lack some options but a very useful tool.
    04-Inflate.jpg

Tests made 100% with diverge (powerful tool when you have some imagination !!)
    05-Diverge.jpg

First try of organic mesh. I would have thought that impossible just 4 months ago. This spacedraw have a serious potential. I couldn't really model hair, shoes, gloves, clothes because of the lack of a freeze tool. Added in the next update. I heard hide/unhide is also fixed. So I'll finish this scene after next release.
    06-ElfArcher.jpg

Nearly 6500 polys with Samsung S3 Mini, not bad.
    07-Tank.jpg

08-cathedral.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Other 100% touchscreen modeling with Spacedraw. Some took me quiet some time. But I'm still learning it. Definitely a deep app. Lots of good surprises.

08-Cathedral.jpg

09-CoffeeTime.jpg

10-SnowyHouse.jpg

12-Cupcake.jpg

13-Sandals.jpg

14-Bedroom.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    15-BeastMaster.jpg
    I just finished finished this other scene yesterday.

I'll post tutorials soon for those interested. Maybe on Youtube. Or screenshots + explanations. Problem being that my CPUs handle 3D + recording pretty bad. Quality won't be top notch but it'll give an idea of how Spacedraw works. I wait for the updated version of Spacedraw to be on the Play Store to record tutorials. Many things will be different from the actual version on the store.
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Last scene I just finished

16-DarkUnderground2.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    I begin to know the app pretty well. It's amazing to thinj it runs on so small phones :)
    Here is the last scene I just finished today :

17-SWdoorFinal.jpg

A wireframe view in Spacedraw of the scene :

17-SWdoorFinalWire.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    More or less the final version of the robot I'm making with Spacedraw. I'll next link each object to a hierarchy of parents and put it in a pose. If my S3 mini handle it I'll make an environment around.

Robot.v23.jpg
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    great work as always - colors are chosen very well I think!
    If I would meet him (I imagine him about 1.20 tall) I'd sure get the goosebumps...
  • Harford
    Offline / Send Message
    Harford polycounter lvl 7
    really great job, and a showcase for what can be achieved with this software. the last robot is very cool. Look forward to those tutorials.
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Harford wrote: »
    really great job, and a showcase for what can be achieved with this software. the last robot is very cool. Look forward to those tutorials.

Thanks ;) Some tutorials are online already. Just check YouTube for Spacedraw. I posted a lot in a short time. But I have 3 or 4 scenes unfinished. So I work for the moment. But I'll post more soon.
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Some modifications on the robot scene. Still have a lot to do but it's taking shape. I'll make a proper weapon and modify the fighting stance a bit.

Robot.v25.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Another modeling test made with Spacedraw using Laufman's concepts as a reference.

Spacedraw%2020-Monster01.jpg
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    What about a PC build ? After all, if the UX works well on a touch device, it could certainly be made to work with a mouse, and you would reach many more people that way.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    pior wrote: »
    What about a PC build ? After all, if the UX works well on a touch device, it could certainly be made to work with a mouse, and you would reach many more people that way.
    considering it, yea.
  • Drav
    Offline / Send Message
    Drav polycounter lvl 9
    Why? I cant think of anything id rather do less on a tablet....ill stick to a PC thx
  • CharlieD
    Offline / Send Message
    CharlieD polycounter lvl 11
    This is pretty cool. I've always wanted to be able to play with some 3d models when I'm not at my computer. Are you able to export obj's made in here so I can work on my pc?
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    CharlieD wrote: »
    This is pretty cool. I've always wanted to be able to play with some 3d models when I'm not at my computer. Are you able to export obj's made in here so I can work on my pc?

yep, (and with textures, normals)
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacedraw 3D Modeling on Android test 21 :

Spacedraw-21-Monster02.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacedraw Test 22 finished ;) No unwrapping like for the precedent scene. I wait to have a phone with a proper pen to paint on that. It's 100% pure Spacedraw for the moment.

Spacedraw-22-CrystalsRoom.jpg
    Spacedraw-22-CrystalsRoomWire.jpg

I uploaded the .spa scene here for those who work on Spacedraw and want to have a look at it in the viewport ;)

mcassar.free.fr/spacedraw/22-Room.7z
  • fullchaos13
    Offline / Send Message
    fullchaos13 polycounter lvl 6
    Spacedraw Test 22 finished ;) No unwrapping like for the precedent scene. I wait to have a phone with a proper pen to paint on that. It's 100% pure Spacedraw for the moment.

Spacedraw-22-CrystalsRoom.jpg
    Spacedraw-22-CrystalsRoomWire.jpg

I uploaded the .spa scene here for those who work on Spacedraw and want to have a look at it in the viewport ;)

mcassar.free.fr/spacedraw/22-Room.7z

God damn dude! That last scene looks freaking awesome. Great job at demonstrating the potential of this awesome little tool. Guess I gotta pick it up now for my nexus 7 and play around with it haha. Also did you do all the texturing inside this tool or did you export the uvs and paint in photoshop or something?
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    God damn dude! That last scene looks freaking awesome. Great job at demonstrating the potential of this awesome little tool. Guess I gotta pick it up now for my nexus 7 and play around with it haha. Also did you do all the texturing inside this tool or did you export the uvs and paint in photoshop or something?
    Note: you shouldn't keep the ... when quoting on forums. Doubling the images takes a lot of space ;)

*blush* Thanks dood ;) The Crytals Room is all made in Spacedraw. In fact, except the blue dino that I unwrapped with 3DS Max to get some shadows, all the other test scenes I did are made only with the combo Spacedraw/Photoshop Touch. My aim is to produce images only made with a phone. If I work some parts on a PC, it's not a challenge anymore ;)

I might use Max Unwrap and Render To Texture in the near future (I'm expecting a Note3 soon and want to "Photoshop Touch" paint the textures of my next Spacedraw tests). Unwrap is THE nb.1 thing that Spacedraw miss in my opinion. But you still have a planar, box, etc mapping. And a "UVs" tool to precisely adjust textures. It's limited but far enough for not too complex meshes.
    Using only Spacedraw's textures emission and diffuse values, with some omni and spots, one can already create decent atmospheres. My advice would be : consider Spacedraw as a modeler only for the moment. Work on it and export your .obj for further texturing/editing in Blender, Max, Maya or whatever you're used to.

Next scene I'm currently working on : Wolkswagen Beetle 1965. Since Scalisoft added an orthographic view, those kind of modelings done by following designs and blueprints are now feasible ;)
    Spacedraw%20WIP%20Test23.jpg

I uploaded the scene here if you want to have a look at the WIP.
    http://mcassar.free.fr/spacedraw/scenes/Test 23-BeetleWIP-04Nov2014.zip

Good luck ;)
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacedraw-23-SWCorridor02

Geometry is really simple. Interesting thing is the false effect that slowly drown the scene into a bright light. This is the very first scene that I unwrap manually from Spacedraw's viewport. Textures are made in PSTouch.
    [img]http://mcassar.free.fr/spacedraw/LowJpg/Spacedraw 23-SWCorridor02.jpg[/img]
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacedraw-24-Graveyard

I have a quiet precise idea of what this scene'll look like at the end. Problem is that I wanted a lot of grass, bushes, vegetation. But Scalisoft explained me by mail that the few issues I had with alphas were due to the fact that Spacedraw runs in OpenGL 1. Major issue being when I cross two faces with transparency. I will finish it for sure. But I'm focusing more for the moment on scenes that I know Spacedraw can handle fine.
    I abandoned PSTouch for the textures, the stylus sensitivity sucks and the brushes are too limited. I now use Artflow, really amazing drawing app. I still use PSTouch though : to clean and organise the unwrapped elements.
    Spacedraw%2024-Graveyard.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacedraw-25-BlueStorm

Another test of character. I paused it for the moment. I just begin to fully comprehend the logic behind PC unwrappers, but manually unwrapping a face (visage) or any soft bodies without pelt and relax and avoiding stretches is really tricky. I might come back on this one later.
    Spacedraw%2025-BlueStorm.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacedraw-26-TowerDefense

Cute little tower more than inspired from Mark Henriksen designs. This kind of mesh is easy to unwrap manually. I learned a lot doing it nevertheless. Spacedraw can definitely help a graphist on the move to model ready-to-use 3D meshes. Great Android app :) Probably the one and only professional tool on this still young Operating System.

Spacedraw%2026-TowerDefense.jpg
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacedraw-27-ChairTutorial

Some people asked me, quote : "how the fuck do you manually unwrap Oo ? ". Well this simple chair will be the answer. I'll publish here and probably on Scalisoft's website a .doc tutorial explaining the logic and process. I also have 2.6Gb of raw video recording that I'll compile and publish on Youtube as soon as I can access a computer (probably not before march 2015, end of my staying in this heavily jammed area).
    Spacedraw%2027-ChairTutorial.jpg

Scene available for Download here :

http://mcassar.free.fr/spacedraw/LowJpg/27-Chair%20Tutorial.zip
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacedraw-28-ShadowGun

Shadow Gun is probably the closest to a console quality you can get on Android. Unity3D engine rocks and graphists/coders who worked on this title are definitely not freshly out of school.
    I'm currently working on this scene and will finish it ASAP. I model the props in High Poly, unwrap them, texture them, then model a Low Poly version of the props, map them with a screenshot of the HP version, and keep them for the final scene. Result won't be as outstanding as Shadow Gun of course : I don't have this team talents and Spacedraw don't have shaders. But with hand painted diffuse and some alphas (lights, screens, particles, etc) the result should be quiet good, given the fact that this is, as all my scenes, 100% made on a phone ;)
    And all those meshes made with Spacedraw can of course be exported in .obj. The only thing you'll have to work on again eventually is the smoothing groups. Spacedraw smooth very properly but it's organised differently.

Spacedraw%2028-ShadowGun(wip).jpg
  • iadagraca
    Offline / Send Message
    iadagraca polycounter lvl 5
    Hm this is impressive stuff.
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks iadagraca :)
    Spacedraw is getting better and I begin to know it quiet well now. For the pure poly modeling part I go faster on my phone than on 3DSMax for many operations ;)
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Not really Shadogun at all anymore.
    Modeling / Unwrapping / UVs editing : Spacedraw for Android.
    Painting, cleaning, organising : Artflow / PSTouch
    As always, those are just screenshots from Spacedraw's viewport.

Spacedraw%2028-ShadowGun.jpgSpacedraw%2028-ShadowGun(map).jpg
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    you're really outdoing yourself, this sure is one of the best scene I've seen made with Spacedraw yet!
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    So, I have been wondering about how to get the most out of this thread for a while.

To be totally honest, the vast majority of members of this forum already use full-featured 3d applications on mac and PC so I doubt that an Android app would get much leverage here, regardless of how cleverly designed it is. Now of course this is not a way for me to dismiss the idea of the app itself - after all, hansolocambo demonstrated that clean models can be done with it. It's just that the quality of such work is not going to make anyone give up Maya, Max, Blender or Modo (and understandably so).

However, it is quite fascinating to see that Spacedraw users manage to squeeze so much out of a mobile app, which I suppose relies on mere touch controls. So maybe we could learn a thing or two from that ? For instance, there must be some very clever UX design choices in Spacedraw that could be ported over to regular 3D programs for intuitive model manipulation. Would you guys care to tell us more about that ? Cool images of finished models are great (as a matter of fact, it's nothing short of mind-blowing to imagine such scenes being built on a tablet device !) but I think that little video clips showing innovative touch-based modeling tools would generate much more interest here.