Home Technical Talk

export creates map problem.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
1. shortcut for paint canvas in 3dsmax ?.

2. does it exist any good plugin,script for max 2011 that easy can show if an object has strange material or maps or any

kind of problem so that you can fix this before you export? , I have an character that i want to open in mudbox but it complains about this. Can it be that theese areas share the same texture space in the uv ? , does mudbox support that ?

picture.

Replies

• SpeCter
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    Could you post your uv layout in UV Viewer in Mudbox please?

And one sitenote, it´s not that it´s complaining it´s just, that if parts of your uv layout are not in the 0,1 uv Square/Tile.
    To get rid of it, you have to stack them together in one uv tile(if it´s just mirrored geo)
  • oglu
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    looks like bad uvs and flipped normals...
  • jimpaw
    Offline / Send Message
    jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
    SpeCter wrote: »
    Could you post your uv layout in UV Viewer in Mudbox please?

And one sitenote, it´s not that it´s complaining it´s just, that if parts of your uv layout are not in the 0,1 uv Square/Tile.
    To get rid of it, you have to stack them together in one uv tile(if it´s just mirrored geo)

Okay,check out the picture. Even the handles to the bag gets distorted. mayby if i send you the obj and you can take a look?
  • jimpaw
    Offline / Send Message
    jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
    the normals are okay i have checked that in blender and the uv should be okay,have a look at the new attached picture.
  • SpeCter
    Offline / Send Message
    You could send me your obj file and i will look into it, but as far as i see there is no problem :)
  • Mark Dygert
    If the shells are stacked when you bake, they will render twice (or as many times as there are shells). You want to offset all but one shell one tile to the right, left, top or bottom.

Like this:
    68153529.jpg

In 3dsmax you use the type in coordinate system:
    UnwrapUVWCoords.jpg
    Turn on #1 and in #2 type 1.0 and hit enter. Then turn #1 off again.
    This will move your selection one tile to the right.
  • SpeCter
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes Vig is right, it was the other way around. But for 2 of you screenshots he needs the Unwrap Tools.(I know the last screenshot does the same, but why show the tools in the first place then? :P)
  • jimpaw
    Offline / Send Message
    jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
    Okay guys thanks for the reply, i still dont understand what the problem is. And what does baking has to do with the projection painting in mudbox ? . If you are meaning that i should move all my shells to the right,they are already there as you can see on the small picture with the yellow lines (uv in mudbox). I have used the snap command in 3dsmax to make the vertz to align perfect could it be something like that ?
  • SpeCter
    Offline / Send Message
    It´s perfectly normal that these parts get transparent, if you apply the maps in 3dsmax or whatever it will show the whole thing. Take a look into the mudbox help, if you want to show all textures at once, mudbox just makes one active for performance.