1. 3dsmax 2011 uv acting strange, when i go in to the uv editor,open the options slot at the bottom and change the weld treshold to 1.0 (i have to do this otherwise
the weld shortcut key wont work at all !, and then i save this as the fault, if i close the window and open up the window again 3dsmax doesnt save this so i have to
go back and set the value to one again,is it any way around this ?
2. can change the settings that i want and make 3dsmax remember it when i start, i mean like in Blender, not just specific settings but really anything ?
3. . Mudbox, When i use projection painting with a normal image on my human model it becomes much more darker in the viewport than the original texture
It looks like you have taken the texture in photoshop created a new layer and blended the black layer with the original with 40 %, even when i use
use flat light why ?.
4. When i import a model to Mudbox with a texture and correct uv assigned to it the textures always disapears (i am importing obj), if i try to paint on that
model mudbox will just create a new paint layer, how do i do to find the already assigned texture and link it up again inside Mudbox ?
5. I am trying to get in to the industry. I love fantasy games and are right now trying to create a good portfoolio. What type of object should i make,and does it
matter alot if i have painted the original consept myself or just try to show of my modeling tricks by modeling someones elses consept (this is the pipeline in game
dev anyway right ). I was thinking about making a house,character,tree. and so on.
6. I was wondering if someone know any megapack of consept picktures for download on the net ? , lets say like a gigabyta of weapons. i daily search for textures on
cg textures,but it whould be nice with a really fat zip with alot of textures. Oh, and if someonr wants alot of picture, just let me know and i can make a zip for you
and send it i have tons of stuff.
7. I have made a lowpoly character and wonder what way to present in ?, iI have heard alot about mentalray, what is the easiest way to create a good lightning
scene for your characters ?
8. What is the easiest way to bake ambient to textures?, i am using textools at the moment but i feel that the shadows display the edges to much, i need a smoother
look, how can i do that ?
9. Is it any more baking maps that really help you to set the foundation fot your texture like A0 baking does? (i mix ao on the diffuse channel in Photoshop).
10. In 3dsmax 2011 when working in the uv editorn everytime i select a shell it comes up this really anoying transformation gizmo in the center, half of the time i am
selecting that, how can i make this cross go away ?