Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

50s woman- Highpoly

Max
Max
Hi, this is an NPC woman I'm working on for a school project in the making. I won't be going into extreme detail levels with her, mainly just basic shapes. About the face, she is to be looking a bit frightened. The view in the game will be reminding of the Sims. The game project is a short one of 6 weeks, it's called 'The Plant That Eats People!' the setting takes place in a 50's small american town. You play as the carnivorous plant 'Plant'. It's a realtime hack´n slash where you are to eat/kill as many people as possible during a time limit, or before you die.

Woman1.jpg?t=1253368380Woman2.jpg?t=1253368407Woman3.jpg?t=1253368425

Replies

• praxedes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suddenly Seeeeeymore.....:)

Looking very nice, though I'd work on that hair and other detailinga little more- she's a bit "melty" right now. And that plant better sing motown though!

~P~
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Simplify that face alot, focus on the facial planes. Avoid Gorilla noses.
    Also why sculpting her? According to your description a sub 2K character with diffuse would do just fine ...
  • Max
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Max
    pior wrote: »
    Simplify that face alot, focus on the facial planes. Avoid Gorilla noses.
    Also why sculpting her? According to your description a sub 2K character with diffuse would do just fine ...

hahahha gorilla nose? is it that bad?
    The normal maps will show, it'll be sweet!
  • Max
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Max
    praxedes wrote: »
    Suddenly Seeeeeymore.....:)

Looking very nice, though I'd work on that hair and other detailinga little more- she's a bit "melty" right now. And that plant better sing motown though!

~P~

Agree, the hair needs working. The mudbox material makes things looks chocolate, schould be called chocklatebox instead, not to use as an excuse, but the melty feeling is part the material.

Thanks for the comment! :D