Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dishonored 2 - Desk prop Fan Art

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

Hello,

i am about to create a Desk from Dishonored 2.

I am work in Germany as a Cabinetmaker/Carpenter and about to end my Apprenticeship in coming August.

To bekome a fully maker, i need to build a furniture for final exam. Outside of my job, i'm a huge fan of gaming, including all of the Dishonored Game series...obviously. So i am a totaly newby and work until now only with Fusion 360.

So my goal is to create a 1:1 3D model of the desk and then based on that i will create a more exam friendly and simpler version of it . For the last step I have to rethink all the wood joints to make it hold up in reality.

So at the End we dont get a real Dishonored Table but a interpretationt of it.

Wish me Luck!

Replies

• Bostrope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

First I took several ingame screenshots from different angles.

Then i imported the images into Fusion 360 and calibrated the desk to my wish height of 760mm and started modelling. It's really easy with Fusion as long as there are enough edges and corners.

It's not really finished, but I don't need a perfectly finished desk to continue.

So that's fine with me.

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage

This is very cool! I'm excited to see where it goes, as a middling woodworker myself, and as a big fan of Dishonored.

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Hey dig your project - subscribed 👍️

Edit:

"So my goal is to create a 1:1 3D model of the desk and then based on that i will create a more exam friendly and simpler version of it . For the last step I have to rethink all the wood joints to make it hold up in reality."

Also just a thought but I bet there might be interest seeing the exam version as well, once you're done.

https://polycount.com/discussion/224882/woodworking-and-other-real-world-projects#latest

• Bostrope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you for your intrest :)

I thought about sharing the design process of my exam version in this topic as well.

Also you will see the finished version after it will be build maybe in may or june for the exhibition on june 30th.

But first i have to complet all the paperwork and technical drawings in 1 month.

Fingers crossed / thumbs are pressed

And thanks for the link

• Bostrope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Soooo,

it was not my plan but i finished the Dishonored Desk and rounded the edges. What i know is that Fusion is not the right program for Game moddeling so i'm not going to make a used look with scratches...this is out of my knowlige.

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

"What i know is that Fusion is not the right program for Game moddeling so i'm not going to make a used look with scratches...this is out of my knowlige."

Personally. know a couple of HS artists that've integrated CAD into their respective asset pipeline/workflows, due mainly toward acquiring a more overall streamlined efficiency generating consistent AAA quality work so entirely doable - anyway a brief breakdown utilizing double precision solid modeling, as an example:

https://polycount.com/discussion/208690/game-ready-lowpoly-asset-from-fusion-360-workflow-guide

• Bostrope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

uhhh...that looks really interesting thanks.

Maybe I should dig into that a bit when I'm done with my exam model!

• Bostrope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First I made various sketches so I can get into the design process and become a feel for the table. I started to smooth out some curves like the two front legs, the original was much better but too time consuming. To made the table lighter, the drawer body become a full makeover. 
    In this case, I can change the drawer to get as many points as possible, like when creating dovetails.

Some time later, the first 3D model was created. Through the process I find out some problems and change the length and height of the prototype. I also started to think about mobility for the moment when I change my apartment. So on this sketch model I create a mechanism to pick apart the tableparts to prepare it for a possible removal.