Home Freelance Job Postings

Fireworks Simulator looking for Environment Artist

Paid Freelance Project:

Hi! I'm the author of a fireworks simulator. The software was first released in 2010. It's used by fireworks enthusiasts, but also by professional pyrotechnicians who plan real displays.

For the next update, I would like some better 3D worlds in which users can place fireworks. So I'm looking for an experienced 3D environment artist. You will have a lot of freedom in designing those worlds, and I look forwards to having your creative input on the project.

The project will have two phases:
Phase 1, December 2020 & January 2021: Create one or two new 3D worlds inside the simulators existing custom 3D engine. This 3D engine is very limited and will be replaced soon, so we shouldn't spend too much time on that. Perhaps 20-30 hours.
Phase 2, next year: Build completely new 3D worlds with Unreal Engine 4. This will be a much larger project, perhaps 100-200 hours. 

I'm looking for someone who can work with me on both phases of the project.

Ideally, you would have the following qualifications:
  • You know where to find great PBR assets, and you can also model them yourself. (I expect we will use a combination of existing assets and custom modelling).
  • You have previously designed environments for games or simulations using UE4.
  • You are comfortable creating environments in a realistic style with PBR.
  • You can hit tight performance budgets and you know how to optimize your UE4 worlds for best performance.
  • You can build realistic skyboxes.
  • You have some basic experience in 3D lighting.

You don't need to be working full-time on this. It's important to me that we have a good, stress-free working relationship and I will make sure to give you plenty of time for everything. So this is an ideal part-time project.

If you're interested, please send me a private message. I look forward to hearing from you!