Giant of Fallen Mountain

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
jose.fuentes greentooth
Sup guys, ive been working on a bust during my free time.  Original concept is by Tooth Wu, anything stand out to you guys? Hair is just stand in for the moment, in the end they will be hair cards. Expression is still pretty neutral for the time being. Not sure if im going to do that before or after i retopo

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes greentooth

A bit of progress since last time, trying to get more of the smaller details and little nuances.  Next time i sit down to work on this im going to shrink the ears a bit smaller and try to tweak the angle of Ala and nostrils

Expression and Pores (noise) are temp and on layers and I just turn them on for renders

One thing im not sure how to handle is the scaring on the cheeks, how would you guys go about it?  Those are also on a layer as I can't commit to them as of yet 
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes greentooth

I reworked some of the anatomy on the body, and reworked some of the facial details. I needed to take break from the face, so I started to block in the helmet. Helmet is still pretty early on, but I'm trying to block in my shapes and then refine. My goal is to get the helmet as close as I can in Zbrush only
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes greentooth

Ive made a bit of progress on the helmet design 
  • JustAfterDark
    That's looking good, Jose! Will you use the fibermeshes to make the cards or will you make the cards manually?
    As for the scars, you can easily make them in substance during the texturing phase, so don't stress over it :)
    Also, I would use more variation with damstandard, seems all wrinkles were done with the same brush at the same size. I also think the concept presents a more angrier character and yours is a bit hmmm more friendly? Mostly because of how you did the eyebrows and the sides of the mouth.
    I hope this helps!
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes greentooth
    @JustAfterDark
    thanks for the feedback, hair is just place holder atm, it will be hair cards, great note on the wrinkles, varying the size of the brush will help greatly.  As far as the expression, at the moment is left neutral, and then I just turn on a layer with the expression for the render.  I'm debating doing a full facial rig for this

I will def address those next time I sit down and work on the face.  Im trying to get the helmet at the same level, before moving any further on the face