Please go away

node
Polycount - you have suddenly started sending me emails - why? I gave up Polycount a long time ago after the lynch mob burned me alive with false accusations of "not trying" because I was a beginner struggling with both Blender and my tourettes.  My wife burst into tears when she saw all the comments.  Your forum exists only so that those who know they are good can pat each other on the back so you can stick it where the sun don't shine.  Please cancel my membership and stop sending me emails.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi insane polycounter
    Does your wife influence any of your art?
  • FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights greentooth
    By looking at your very brief participation and activity in Polycount, I found this thread of yours, and I would say, that the first post by EarthQuake did the opposite effect. Encouraging and guiding you. You completely misinterpreted the message of his.
  • Alex Javor
    Online / Send Message
    Alex Javor polycount lvl 666
    Yeah EQ dropped some good advice. only thing is last time I tried " 7. Have patients..."  I got sued for impersonating a doctor.

bum dum tssss
  • Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis polycount lvl 666
    You can change your settings to not receive email communication. If that doesn't work, you can also block Polycount emails. Not really necessary to post about it. Sorry about your wife was sad, that sucks.
  • EarthQuake
    A forum update caused user preferences to get reset. If you do not wish to receive emails you can go to your account settings: click on your avatar in the upper right, then click on the little icon of the dude on the upper right with the dropdown (it can be easy to miss) and select edit profile. From there you can get to notification settings and disable email notifications.
  • Eric Chadwick
    If you still want to delete your account, please email us at [email protected] from the email address on your account, and we'll help you close it. 
  • SnowInChina
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina polycounter lvl 10
    i just read the thread out of curiosity
    beside from one or two snarky comments it's solid advice

if you are frustrated figure out why and don't vent it here,
    you were give some advice (all this is completly free of charge btw) and even if you did not understand that or wanted some more insight or whatrever, there`s always the option of private messaging

in all my years here people always answered my pms

it's easy to always blame everyone else, it takes more effort to ask the question if you could have done anything different

also :
    if someone takes the time to write a site long reply and is trying to help you, i wouldn't go as far far as to say you need to thank them, since this is a simple matter of manners, but at least try to not spit in their face

• kwakkie
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 11
    This has nothing to do with polycount, but how you deal with life when things aren't going the way you wanted. You don't walk into a random dance class, perform a random dance move you practiced from watching youtube videos and except everybody to drop their shit and give constructive criticism either, do you?

Also, nobody here has a crystal ball that list everybody's personal dealings in life, dealing with tourette's must be incredibly difficult, but nobody here is out to offend or harm you. My advice: take another shot at it, find a simple low-poly model that inspires you, remake it in whatever software you'd like to learn, google your way out of each obstacle (or ask a specific, clear question if you can't figure it out), and THEN show what you have made and ask for critique. Not only will it earn you more respect from others, but it will also help your own development if you are working towards a goal. 

Every single one of us started at the clueless beginning, you need to get to the 'naively confident' stage, that's the point where the more experienced artists see that you've put in the effort to learn and push through by yourself and are willing to spend their time and energy to help you grow. Because they have been at that point themselves, and they know it is no use to try to help people who have no intrinsic motivation to get there on their own. 

<3 One love brother, I hope you still read this and that you come back to try again and push through, you can always send me a private message if you need help!
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz interpolator
    don't get hurt man, just make more art. no one has time to worry about other artists getting annoyed
  • ScopeDragon
    Offline / Send Message
    ScopeDragon triangle
    You have to be trolling man..... if you are going to be an artist you have to have thicker skin than that. You will be told no. You will be told you suck. But as a professional you take it on the chin and keep moving towards your goal. I find it really insulting and unfair to the other artist for you to think you are the only one who has literally cried over their art. Polycount nor the Art community owes nobody nothing. Critiques are going to upset you but you put that into becoming the best learner you can. Someone on here being vague or rude?.. ask then for more information that could be helpful to your work. The killing part is your stuff is really not terrible for a FIRST CHARACTER START.. Mine were mud drawings man. THATS WHY I THINK YOU ARE A TROLL. Im trying to be respectful but stern because I am ...well...obsessively passionate about art in general. Either way DONT STOP making your work because no one else can and  goodluck in getting more of your art out.
  • oraeles77
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 2
    we all in the same boat. shut up and row!
  • Eric Chadwick
     FYI, OP hasn't been back to PC since they made the first post.