Hey guys, this light bounce system I've been working on for a while now is finally up on the Marketplace! It includes Dynamic Spotlight Global Illumination, cheap Bounce Lights, and Textured Planar Lights. Feel free to check it out here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/slug/dynamic-bounce-lighting
Feature preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MDqqshSYk
More interactive comparisons can be found in the documentation listed below and on the store page.
bounce light system is designed to allow for more realistic lighting in
a scene. Bounce lights can be attached to normal Unreal spot and point
lights to create more natural and realistic lighting, or be used to add
general fill lighting throughout an environment at a fraction of the
performance cost of Unreal’s default lights.
In addition, spotlights have the capability of full dynamic global illumination.
As an extra feature, the system can be used for textured planar lights, with color accurately taken from any custom texture.
- Light bouncing provides realistic global illumination for spotlights (e.g. flashlights)
- Light wrapping can simulate more natural ambient and bounce lighting when attached to traditional lights
- Textured Planar Lights provide cheap unshadowed area lighting with a variety of color from any custom texture (e.g. TV screens, ambient lighting through open doorways)
- Up to 64 Ambient Light probes provide a cheaper alternative to traditional unshadowed UE4 lights
- Infinite light range allows lights to affect large areas without any extra performance impact
- Ambient Lights can be used to create ambient occlusion lights
- Sharp reflections can be used to accurately bounce spotlights off of mirrors, glass, and other flat, reflective surfaces in combination with diffuse bounce lighting for rougher surfaces
Material Functions: 3
Textures: 6 essential, 6 example color and mask textures for rectangular lights
Documentation: Google Docs