Nvizage is currently seeking freelance UK based Previs Animators to join our Previsualization team for film productions.
Previs animators work with the Previs supervisor and VFX supervisor to design and create shots for action sequences. We are looking for talented animators, capable of working in a rapid environment with proven track records in the film production industry. Skills in layout, timing and great cinematography are essential, as well as excellent communication skills.
• Mid to Senior Level
• Must be happy to work at one of the major UK film studios. Work may be based in Soho (London) or at the UK studios - all based within the M25
• Motions studies of keys assets, animation cycles, body mechanics, performance with a realistic style, keyframe posing - all finished to a high level
• Scene layout with asset environments, position and timing of assets and camera layout
• Referencing and importing assets in to Maya
• Animating character rigs, camera rigs, and basic fx animation.
• Comprehensive knowledge of animation in Maya
• Ability to clean up & accentuate mocap animation
• Knowledge of animation layering
• Excellent cinematic skills – colour, composition, framing, depth of field, motion blur and timings
• Understanding of physical limits in real-world cinematography
• Ability to visualise shots and understand screen direction
• Experience of virtual camera systems
• Knowledge of geometry caching
• Basic particle animation skills useful
• Understanding of basic lighting
Please send your CV to [email protected] specifying 'Previs Animator' within the subject line.
On-line showreels and links to websites are welcome. Please also include a shot breakdown showing specifically what your role entailed per shot/sequence.