Home Freelance Job Postings

[CLOSED] Seeking estimates for a viewport's worth of custom level, characters, and VFX

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vito polycounter lvl 18
I'm seeking work estimates (time + hourly rate + estimated cost of assets, or time + whole project cost) from interested artists, please provide those in addition to any portfolio or work samples.  You won't be held to them, but I need them to budget the rest of this project out.

I need to include realistic video game screenshots and video in a presentation, but they can't be of real video games.  I need an artist to assemble:

• a single viewport's worth of a level,
  • HUD,
  • two characters (idle animation optional),
  • a VFX for a character spawn effect,
  • a VFX for a character despawn/removal effect, and
  • a VFX for an environmental change effect, e.g. the skybox and lighting changing from day to night.

The deliverables are screenshots or short videos of:

• the level with no character, HUD visible (but without any character-specific elements);
  • character 1 spawning in, HUD updated with character-specific elements;
  • character 1 idling;
  • character 1 being removed (despawning?  teleported away?  not dying, opposite of spawning);
  • character 2 spawning in, HUD updated with the new character;
  • character 2 idling;
  • the environmental change occurring;
  • character 2 idling after the environmental change.

I have no preference for art style, visual style, or theme, except it has to be G-rated.

I have no preference for the environmental change that occurs, just that it be obvious that it's happened before and after, it can't be subtle.

It doesn't need to be 100% original art, asset flips are fine.  However, the assets must be original IP (no franchise characters or levels), and the licenses for the assets have to support reuse and presentation outside of a game (e.g. so the Epic Paragon assets, which are only licensed for use in a UE4 project, may not qualify here).  Please be sure your work estimate includes enough time to document the source and licensing of every asset you're using.

When I say a single viewport's worth, I mean I'm expecting everything to happen in front of a single, static camera, like you spawned in and never touched the controller.  I don't need different perspectives, cameras, or areas.

The viewport, camera perspective, and HUD complexity should mimic the Skylanders and Disney Infinity games, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lKZ-ox7Fug&t=3m10s and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqa0Wrvygj0&t=4m

The spawn/despawn effects will be used in the same context of a toys-to-life toy being placed and removed from the "portal," but I don't need the whole Skylanders FMV sequence, a Disney Infinity teleport in/out-equivalent is fine.

Please PM if you have questions, or to submit estimates and portfolios/work samples.  Thanks!

Replies