Company Logo (need crit)

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Optimus triangle
Hello fellow polycounters, i am here to post my company logo up for critique, this is not the name of my company, so for the sake of the critique i put in a random made up logo name..critique away:

this is for in game use, i haven't animated it yet, but this is the result. this is at the highest quality i could get.  i made this in Blender 3D...critique away!

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis greentooth
    My biggest critique is that the bottom of the golden letters in BLADE are more difficult to see than the entirety of the silver letters in TWIN. The bottom of the left sword is a little difficult to see as well.The logo has a feeling of fire to it, I like that. The swords both glow where the blades meet, but the glow seems to travel up and down the left sword more. I think it'd be cool if the swords were both glowing where the blades met, maybe some sparks or something.

All in all I think you've got a nice logo :)
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle
    My biggest critique is that the bottom of the golden letters in BLADE are more difficult to see than the entirety of the silver letters in TWIN. The bottom of the left sword is a little difficult to see as well.The logo has a feeling of fire to it, I like that. The swords both glow where the blades meet, but the glow seems to travel up and down the left sword more. I think it'd be cool if the swords were both glowing where the blades met, maybe some sparks or something.

All in all I think you've got a nice logo :)
    thanks dude, critique is much appreciated. i wanted to give a dark, fire feel to it. as for the letters in BLADE i will add maybe add new material to it...the environment is pitch black except for the lighting i added, so the gold letters BLADE are reflecting the black environment.Should a make the letters in TWIN reflect the environment as well to match them, or should i match the letters in BLADE be like the material on TWIN? As for the bottom of the swords, i added a black leather texture...maybe i can add red leather or just a simple material with no texture. And the left sword is colored gold, like the letters in BLADE. so that "glow" is really just gold ;)

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis greentooth
    Ah, that makes sense. If there is a way to get the silver sword to not reflect the gold from the letters, it would make for a cool colour switch (silver letters left, gold sword left - gold letters right, silver letters right). Its a difficult decision regarding the letters. I say you could go either way. I like the bold and readable silver letters, has more of a game of thrones feel, while the gold letters are more dynamic. Personally, I'd go with bold and readable.
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle
    it cant make it not reflect sadly..thanks for the advice
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle
    @Ashervisalis Should i add the word "Animation" under the word "twinblade" to show that the company is twinblade animations?
  • Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis greentooth
    If the name of your company is "_______ Animations", then yeah. If Animations isn't part of your name, you should leave it out.
  • EliasWick
    Offline / Send Message
    EliasWick polycounter lvl 3
    I agree with @ashervisalis on the critique, other than that it looks awesome!
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle
    thanks, i will add it, but what material for the word "ANIMATION"? should it be gold or silver?