What would you suggest for someone who has just started Zbrush?

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Optimus triangle
Hello, i have recently downloaded Zbrush. But i cannot find a good tutorial on YouTube/ Zclassroom. i wanna use Zbrush to sculpt characters, but i don't know where to start. Many of the tutorials i have watched on Zclassroom are complex and very long. so any advice on where i should start/what tutorial to watch??

Replies

• ExcessiveZero
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 5
    Optimus said:
    Hello, i have recently downloaded Zbrush. But i cannot find a good tutorial on YouTube/ Zclassroom. i wanna use Zbrush to sculpt characters, but i don't know where to start. Many of the tutorials i have watched on Zclassroom are complex and very long. so any advice on where i should start/what tutorial to watch??

Zclassroom, this is the simple stuff and you are finding them "complex and very long", characters are very complex, and without the foundation of the basics which you are finding complex how can you possibly go onto the more advanced aspects which will be 100x more complex and require much more focus to learn with much less hand holding?

I in no way want to be mean but do you like the idea of being a character artist or do you want to learn to sculpt characters?

if you cant find a good tutorial on the whole of youtube/zclassroom with the wealth of information there I Just dunno what to say there are no real shortcuts/make art buttons.
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle

Optimus said:

Zclassroom, this is the simple stuff and you are finding them "complex and very long", characters are very complex, and without the foundation of the basics which you are finding complex how can you possibly go onto the more advanced aspects which will be 100x more complex and require much more focus to learn with much less hand holding?

I in no way want to be mean but do you like the idea of being a character artist or do you want to learn to sculpt characters?

if you cant find a good tutorial on the whole of youtube/zclassroom with the wealth of information there I Just dunno what to say there are no real shortcuts/make art buttons.
    well i don't know where to start. which tutorial do i watch?
  • ExcessiveZero
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 5
    Optimus said:

Optimus said:

well i don't know where to start. which tutorial do i watch?
    http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/lesson/project-setup-sculpting-brushes-part-1
  • Br0ken
    Offline / Send Message
    Br0ken triangle
    Optimus said:

• BIGTIMEMASTER
    Offline / Send Message
    BIGTIMEMASTER keyframe
    Zbrush is a complex program and it will take a long time to learn it.

It has for me anyway. I work from the tutorials on pluralsight.com. It cost about $30 a month, and is well worth it. You can probably find plenty of decent tutorials for free, but I find the tutorial series "Quick Start to Zbrush" on Pluralsight really goes at a well-designed pace so that you slowly learn and reinforce the skills you'll need.

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga polycounter lvl 11
    Br0ken said:

This is about as good as they come. His manner is lively so that will ensure you dont get sleepy while watching. If you have any questions about the process you can always ask here or at: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?101-ZBrush-Questions-and-Troubleshooting-Forum

The people there are very nice and usually respond quickly to questions.
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle
    thanks so much, what an awesome tutorial!
  • HAWK12HT
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 6
    you can check pavelovich. Also it seems to me you are deviating from your main goal of learning zbrush, all you need is one week with focus to get the hang of small basic stuff. Happy 3ding good luck

https://www.youtube.com/user/Pavlovich2005

• StormyBA
    Offline / Send Message
    StormyBA polycounter lvl 3
    Just been going though this exact same thing my self. 

The Intro to Zbrush Above that has already been posted is a god send. Pavlavich is pretty damn impressive not just at zbrush but good coherent teaching is there too. 

I watched the Part 1 and jumped stright onto his gumroad and bought part 2 + 3 and feeling like ive got a pretty good understanding of the software and the capabilities but you will really want to get in there after and start building your own stuff to start putting it to use. At $25 a series its incredible value for money. 

https://gumroad.com/pavlovich
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle
    I know right, michael seems to come from heaven, he is amazing, probably one of the best teachers on youtube
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle
    StormyBA said:
    Just been going though this exact same thing my self. 

The Intro to Zbrush Above that has already been posted is a god send. Pavlavich is pretty damn impressive not just at zbrush but good coherent teaching is there too. 

I watched the Part 1 and jumped stright onto his gumroad and bought part 2 + 3 and feeling like ive got a pretty good understanding of the software and the capabilities but you will really want to get in there after and start building your own stuff to start putting it to use. At $25 a series its incredible value for money. 

https://gumroad.com/pavlovich
    Why did you Buy part 2-3? he has it up for free on youtube.
  • Optimus
    Offline / Send Message
    Optimus triangle
    wow just checked. if its too good to be true it probably is