- Retopo via decimation works correctly with objects of non 1.0 scale.
- Lasso works correctly in fill tool
- Correct Transform+pick volumes. Use CTRL/SHIFT to select/unselect.
- fixed problem of some commands in space menu (at the end of list)
- Fixed potential instability in Light Baking Tool.
- RFill (Quad Fill) included into regular retopo toolset, corrected to work as expected.
- fill by patch remade. Should be faster and more accurate.
- joining points.
- reworked RMB menu
- projecting points on plane
- Correct EPS/spline import export. IGES supported. But IGES is not
included in community version, if you need to test it, send me request I
will send special key.
- possibility to link several points if snapping to points enabled. They will be moved together.
- many more small changes
4.8.18 (expected to be stable)
- Skip textures export if need (checkbox in export dialog).
- Axial rotation in text primitive.
- fixed problem of positioning Tool params window
- Select visible islands in UV/Retopo rooms with rectangle.
- Store camera/[panorama data to the preset.
- Curves "Apply" corrected to work in all tools.
- Possibility to click to fill in material editor (in fill tool)
- Better picking corners in all windows where curve edit required.
- Fixed problems with 8k curvature
I wish 3D Coat would have a super mega deal, I'd buy in a heart beat.
3D Coat is very amazing, it's the only software that is equal to zBrush.
I wouldn't say 3D coat is far from Zbrush sculpting capability, with a user interface clean up; it would surpass ZBrush. The only reason why ZBrush is the standard is it's well known that most don't consider anything else; that alone shouldn't rule out 3D Coat by a long shot. You can do everything in 3D Coat you can in ZBrush; either surpass Mudbox, we know Autodesk is to blame for that.
- Snap joints tool introduced, this is kitbashing, lego-like modeling.
It is suitable for children and for adults. Only a few models there, we
will extend kit by the time.
- Huge changes in curves. Filling curve by patch works stable and
provides good quality. Filling with holes inside supported. Just add
curve in sub-tree of filled curve and it will be treated as hole.
Boolean operations between curves in 3D. Many changes related to curves.
- Tutorials/scripted missions for newbies introduced for fast diving in!
- Ghost All works correctly
- AppLink export corrected
Please, accept our warmest greetings and best wishes of Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thank you for being with 3DCoat and your support! May the inspiration and creativity abide with you! Have a great holiday time and a blessed next year!
By tradition, we are happy to offer you our special Christmas deals! Starting from 6:00 PM (EET) on December 21 until 23:59 PM (EET) on January 9, 2019 we are offering $100 off on 3DCoat Professional and $20 discount on the Amateur license, therefore lowering the standard prices to $279 and $79 accordingly. Check out the Buy page to make use of this special discount.
If you haven't yet checked our Beta for the Smart Materials store, you should go ahead and try it! Especially that we have some Christmas offers there as well! Save 50% on your Annual Subscription Plan! Get your Monthly Subscription Plan half-price for the next 6 months as well! Check out the offers available.
Those are time-limited offers, so hurry up to get those deals before it's too late!
Sincerely yours, 3DCoat Team
We haven't been in touch for a while and it's time for some good news and announcements! Check out what we've got for you today.
We are releasing a new 3DCoat v4.9 Update featuring multiple fixes and new features, including new CutOff tool, improvements to the Paint, Sculpt, UV/Retopo room, New curves and so on.
Check out the full changelog available here .
Should you already own a 3DCoat license, feel free to download and install v4.9 here
One more good news for you: from July 23 until July 30, 2019 we will run our traditional Summer Sale!
We have some good discounts on offer, so make sure to check those out and buy before it's all over!
So, here's the deal: 1. You get $100 off on your 3DCoat Professional or Floating license!2. You get $20 off on your Amateur license! 3. Summer Sale discounts will be available from 4:00 PM (GMT+3) on July 23, 2019 until 10:00 (GMT+3) on July 30, 2019.
If you are new to 3DCoat, feel free to download and test our 30-day fully functional free trial here to test 3DCoat's toolset, before you decide to purchase.
As always, you can find some useful links in our knowledge base of video tutorials with tips and tricks on how to use the tools of 3DCoat at their best. We would also like to draw your attention to our Training channel on YouTube, which is perfect for users who just started with 3DCoat.
Thanks for your time and attention, we hope you enjoy the latest of 3DCoat!
If you haven't grabbed your 3DCoat license at our Black Friday special price yet, you still got a few hours to get one! Make use of the discounts before December 2, 23:59 (GMT+2) to save $100 on your 3DCoat Pro or Floating license!
Follow this link this link to grab your special offer!
If you are not familiar with 3DCoat yet, Download its 30-day trial, it's free!
Sincerely yours,3DCoat Team