- Retopo via decimation works correctly with objects of non 1.0 scale.
- Lasso works correctly in fill tool
- Correct Transform+pick volumes. Use CTRL/SHIFT to select/unselect.
- fixed problem of some commands in space menu (at the end of list)
- Fixed potential instability in Light Baking Tool.
- RFill (Quad Fill) included into regular retopo toolset, corrected to work as expected.
- fill by patch remade. Should be faster and more accurate.
- joining points.
- reworked RMB menu
- projecting points on plane
- Correct EPS/spline import export. IGES supported. But IGES is not
included in community version, if you need to test it, send me request I
will send special key.
- possibility to link several points if snapping to points enabled. They will be moved together.
- many more small changes
4.8.18 (expected to be stable)
- Skip textures export if need (checkbox in export dialog).
- Axial rotation in text primitive.
- fixed problem of positioning Tool params window
- Select visible islands in UV/Retopo rooms with rectangle.
- Store camera/[panorama data to the preset.
- Curves "Apply" corrected to work in all tools.
- Possibility to click to fill in material editor (in fill tool)
- Better picking corners in all windows where curve edit required.
- Fixed problems with 8k curvature
I wish 3D Coat would have a super mega deal, I'd buy in a heart beat.
3D Coat is very amazing, it's the only software that is equal to zBrush.
I wouldn't say 3D coat is far from Zbrush sculpting capability, with a user interface clean up; it would surpass ZBrush. The only reason why ZBrush is the standard is it's well known that most don't consider anything else; that alone shouldn't rule out 3D Coat by a long shot. You can do everything in 3D Coat you can in ZBrush; either surpass Mudbox, we know Autodesk is to blame for that.
- Snap joints tool introduced, this is kitbashing, lego-like modeling.
It is suitable for children and for adults. Only a few models there, we
will extend kit by the time.
- Huge changes in curves. Filling curve by patch works stable and
provides good quality. Filling with holes inside supported. Just add
curve in sub-tree of filled curve and it will be treated as hole.
Boolean operations between curves in 3D. Many changes related to curves.
- Tutorials/scripted missions for newbies introduced for fast diving in!
- Ghost All works correctly
- AppLink export corrected
Please, accept our warmest greetings and best wishes of Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thank you for being with 3DCoat and your support! May the inspiration and creativity abide with you! Have a great holiday time and a blessed next year!
By tradition, we are happy to offer you our special Christmas deals! Starting from 6:00 PM (EET) on December 21 until 23:59 PM (EET) on January 9, 2019 we are offering $100 off on 3DCoat Professional and $20 discount on the Amateur license, therefore lowering the standard prices to $279 and $79 accordingly. Check out the Buy page to make use of this special discount.
If you haven't yet checked our Beta for the Smart Materials store, you should go ahead and try it! Especially that we have some Christmas offers there as well! Save 50% on your Annual Subscription Plan! Get your Monthly Subscription Plan half-price for the next 6 months as well! Check out the offers available.
Those are time-limited offers, so hurry up to get those deals before it's too late!
Sincerely yours, 3DCoat Team
We haven't been in touch for a while and it's time for some good news and announcements! Check out what we've got for you today.
We are releasing a new 3DCoat v4.9 Update featuring multiple fixes and new features, including new CutOff tool, improvements to the Paint, Sculpt, UV/Retopo room, New curves and so on.
Check out the full changelog available here .
Should you already own a 3DCoat license, feel free to download and install v4.9 here
One more good news for you: from July 23 until July 30, 2019 we will run our traditional Summer Sale!
We have some good discounts on offer, so make sure to check those out and buy before it's all over!
So, here's the deal: 1. You get $100 off on your 3DCoat Professional or Floating license!2. You get $20 off on your Amateur license! 3. Summer Sale discounts will be available from 4:00 PM (GMT+3) on July 23, 2019 until 10:00 (GMT+3) on July 30, 2019.
If you are new to 3DCoat, feel free to download and test our 30-day fully functional free trial here to test 3DCoat's toolset, before you decide to purchase.
As always, you can find some useful links in our knowledge base of video tutorials with tips and tricks on how to use the tools of 3DCoat at their best. We would also like to draw your attention to our Training channel on YouTube, which is perfect for users who just started with 3DCoat.
Thanks for your time and attention, we hope you enjoy the latest of 3DCoat!
If you haven't grabbed your 3DCoat license at our Black Friday special price yet, you still got a few hours to get one! Make use of the discounts before December 2, 23:59 (GMT+2) to save $100 on your 3DCoat Pro or Floating license!
Follow this link this link to grab your special offer!
If you are not familiar with 3DCoat yet, Download its 30-day trial, it's free!
Sincerely yours,3DCoat Team
The magical and beautiful time of Christmas is coming! On the eve of the holidays we would like to extend you our warmest greetings and the best wishes of Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
All our team behind 3DCoat are deeply thankful for being with us during this year, and we hope our collaboration will continue over the next year and onwards!
As part of this festive season, we will be running our Christmas specials, including offers across all 3DCoat licenses as well as Smart Materials . The deals will be offered from December 23, 2019 until January 7, 2020
Please, keep an eye on our website for further details to be announced shortly.
Thanks again for your support!
Best holiday wishes!
Hope you've had a great New Year celebrations time. Happy 2020 to you and your folks!
We are also sending our best wishes of Merry Orthodox Christmas to those of you who celebrate Christmas on January 7!
We also would like to remind you the clock for our 3DCoat Christmas Deals is counting down. Place your order before January 7, 23:59 (GMT+2) to save up to $100 on your 3DCoat license:- Save $100 on your 3DCoat Professional or Floating license- Save $25 on your Amateur license- Get Indie subscription on Smart Materials at $7 a month- Get Company subscription on Smart Materials at $19 a month
Yours sincerely,3DCoat Team
Introducing you the new 3DCoat 4.9.34 Update adding multiple useful tools and improvements, all to make your 3D art work faster, easier and better.
- 3DCoat now has native support of Blender via built-in AppLink!See videos on how to install and the export options - Video 2 and Video 3.
- Full compatibility with Quixel Megascans added! If you download a Quixel material into "Downloads" 3DCoat will automatically notify you that a new material has been downloaded and will offer you to install it as a material or shader.
- The same happens if you download a Smart Materials pack from the 3DCoat PBR Scans Store.
- Real-time Cloth Simulation in 3DCoat is now at a new level of quality and speed!
- Sculpt room got a new Bend tool added.
- Possibility to bypass dialogs in Autopo menu.
- Completely new Alphas creation mechanism.
- 3DCoat imports external maps during PPP import in a much smarter way now. It recognizes gloss/roughness/metalness maps and puts them to the corresponding layers.
- Full path to the texture shown in the Smart Material's hint.
- If several UV sets use the same name, the user will be asked to rename, so the confusion could be avoided.
- Tweaking vertex position with RMB updates mesh normals correctly now.
- Correct text via F9 moved to the Help menu.
- Correct symmetry support for all retopo/select commands. Split selected edges supports SHIFT snapping.
- "On plane" constraints made accessible in the Retopo room.
- Correct support of TIFF files (4.1.0) added, including Zip compression.
- Removed old-style gizmos from the Curve/Text tools.
- Baking of intersecting objects without "blur" between layers now.
- Res+ works correctly for really large meshes (can subdivide up to 160m with 32 GB RAM).
NEW IN BETA TOOLS:
- "Bend volume" tool to bend objects in-scene along the curve added.
- Jitters in the Bend Volume tool. Now, this tool can be used as an array of bent objects. For example, for scales or spikes over the skin.
- BaseBrush as a new universal mechanism to create custom brushes.
- Smart pinch brush as an example of a new brush system. It detects the crease point automatically.
- 'H' hotkey works in curves editor as well.
- ENTER in Curves editor will lead to fill area using the current tool for closed curves and brushing along the curve for open curves. It is exactly like it was for the old-style curves. If you need to run the brush along a closed curve - use the RMB menu for curves.
- Eraser/Slice tool in new Curves.
- Correct work of Strips in BaseBrush derivatives. "Stitches" brush as an example.
- Curves editor window tweaked a bit - better control over points, snapping with SHIFT.
- Fixed Retopo -> Connect for vertices, now each pair of vertices split face only once per operation, it allows to create edge loops in sequence Edges->Cut->Connect.
- Lag when navigating a 3D mouse fixed.
- Fixed holes in the coverage of "Fill entire layer", "Fill layer" commands.
- Fixed Retopo Import/Export - previously all edges were marked as sharp when importing, sometimes a crash was possible at export.
- Fixed painting with smart material using the airbrush tool.
- Correct Res+ for layers if layers' opacity is partial (slightly darker spots at the edge).
- Paint->Transform tool works correctly with freeze.
- Fixed painting with a rectangle over UV window.
- Invisible faces in "flat" mode issue fixed.
- Fixed problem of choosing new attached material by single click.
- FBX & multiple UV sets problem fixed.
- Fixed crash in the Magnify tool.
- Fixed free-form primitives UI in retopo room.
- AUTOPO from the main menu fixed.
- CopyClay restored.
- Restored pinning menu items.
- Corrected running brush along the curve (no gaps).
- Preventing the unexpected voxelization of the mesh when autosaving.
- Holes problem in the toothpaste tool fixed.
- Fill holes tool recovered.
- Fixed surface corruption in voxel mode when the user switches from surface deformation to the move tool.
- Fixed zero-ing eraser degree problem with hotkey.
- Correct saving of cached volumes in case of huge scenes.
- Fixed disappearing mode selector in Pose tool.
- Fixed voxelization with auto-closing holes problem (mesh destruction in some cases).
- Fixed problem with double undo after "Remove stretching".
- Clone and Degrade under VoxTree restored.
- RFill and seams problem fixed.
- Correct stamp in the sculpting room.
for MacOS has finally been updated to 4.9.37 and available now! If you don't own a license yet, you can save $100 on it within the next 3 days: https://3dcoat.com/v4937/