Home Contests & Challenges Archives Killing Floor 2 - Guns 'n Gear - CONTEST HAS ENDED

[KF2] - Item - American Football Helmet

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Fitblood polycounter lvl 9
Heyy, for my asset I'm going to be making an American football helmet.
I will post some work in progress when I've made more ^^

vengeance_1.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg?resize=750%2C550

Replies

• Fitblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some progress on the high poly model. Just started working on it over the last few days.

Going for an older style of football helmet, more rounded than modern ones. Next step is to refine the high poly more

Will post with more soon ^^

29vgfbc.jpg
  • Fitblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made a few changes to the overall shape and added a few small details to it. Currently working on the LP model.

ic8o5t.jpg
  • Fitblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did the low poly, baking and tested it in game. Put on some base colours just for this screenshot :P

Next step is to do the texture, going to add a lot of grunge, scratches and blood, make it look really worn and beaten up. And of course, the right colours to match his clothing :P

20fb0b5.jpg
  • Fitblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm calling this done for now ^^

Did 3 different texture variations, a green texture to match his clothing with a clean and gore version and an american flag version.

The final model was about 4.3k tris which is fine for this model as it covers the face socket as well.

Couldn't find how to tag my post on the workshop but it seems from the FAQ other people are having that same problem so I hope it's ok o.o

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=536686717

Football-Helmet-Flag-1024x576.jpg
    Football-Helmet-Clean-1024x576.jpg
    Football-Helmet-Gore-1024x576.jpg
    HighPolyWireFrame-1024x576.jpg
    Texture-Sheet-1024x576.jpg