Substance Designer - Latest Build - 2018.3.3

Replies

• m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Jerc said:
    Changes:
    • [Content] Add new Scan Processing filters
    Man this helps so much, and I was about to create a multi directional lighting normal generator myself, the cropping of non square images from a camera saves a step too, and is non destructive.

Plenty other cool stuff i'm looking forward to playing around with too.
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Ho! The Megapode Text-node! Also that 6-month sub. Live discount...
  • gloriousczar
    Offline / Send Message
    gloriousczar polycounter lvl 6
    I definitely want to upgrade to SD6, and I want to get the special upgrade to Substance Live, but my SD5 license is on Steam, can I switch over to using Allegorithmic's site instead?
    Also, just to be clear, I can get SD6 + Live/Source for $75 + $10 for only 6 months and that's it? It's not like a monthly subscription that I have to pay forever, similar to Photoshop Creative Cloud? Will you continue to get Source files after the 6 months?
  • m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    I definitely want to upgrade to SD6, and I want to get the special upgrade to Substance Live, but my SD5 license is on Steam, can I switch over to using Allegorithmic's site instead?
    Also, just to be clear, I can get SD6 + Live/Source for $75 + $10 for only 6 months and that's it? It's not like a monthly subscription that I have to pay forever, similar to Photoshop Creative Cloud? Will you continue to get Source files after the 6 months?
    I believe you can link your steam id and get a standalone key.

As for the Live/Source upgrade route I'm unclear on the specifics of that. I'm just going to do the regular upgrade myself.
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You can indeed link your Steam account in your Allegorithmic account on the website to get a standalone license.

As for Live, it's an alternative to the $75 upgrade. It allows you to pay monthly instead and have access to all the latest Substance tools + Substance Source. You will be able to redeem a standalone license of SD6 after 8 months. 

You only have access to Substance Source while you're doing the monthly payments, it's a service that's linked to Substance Live. if you stop, you will still have access to the materials you already downloaded but you won't have access to new ones.

• acealmighty13
    Offline / Send Message
    acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
    SD6 is now MINE!!  Muah ha ha ha ha!  I'm preparing for Valentine's Day and check my email real quick and WHAT?! SD6 is available to purchase.  A sneak attack of the best kind.
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    A few questions before I would try the demo.  Could I expect something from those:

1. Noise patterns  are easily scalable   and  being easily adaptable  to non-square  form factor like Filter forge ones?     I mean not 2d transform but  rather  the scale of procedural details?

2.  Is it possible to pack and use  depth info and color within shared rgb values in 32 bit range . Depth in values beyond 0-1?   And then extract them to output . Filter forge style too?

3.  Photoshop things like crop image precisely to required form factor  before output  and "smart" objects  all adjusting its resolution automatically without necessity to inspect all the node tree from the very roots?

4.Things being scaled around  a center of transforms placed in  a specific position?

5.   Blender styled conveniences  aka "M" node bypass, auto node connections, groups, context based auto gray-scale vs color recognition  etc.?
  • sulky
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Jerc, is there a grace period for those who redeemed a full version of SD 5.X in the past month ? Asking because i just receive an email thanking me for my purchase of SD 6.x without knowing is was out  until receiving that email...

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Yes, if you bought SD 5.x after December 15th, you get the upgrade for free.
  • sulky
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky polycounter lvl 7
    Jerc said:
    Yes, if you bought SD 5.x after December 15th, you get the upgrade for free.
    Awesome. Thanks guys ! 
  • Uzziel
    Offline / Send Message
    Uzziel polycounter lvl 7
    Regarding the command line/scripting aspect we updated Substance Batchtools to version 6. Here is the changelog :

Substance Batchtools 6.0

Fixed:

○ [Global] Use png format by default for image creation (instead of jpg)
    [Global] Help need to be more explicit (we now use more specific information and provide more examples)
    ○ [Global] Error message still appear even if SD resources path is valid
    ○ [Sbsmutator] Crash with "--switch-to-constant"
    ○ [Sbsmutator] Error when connecting image inputs should be more explicit
    ○ [Sbsmutator] Does not expose parameter/outputs group
    ○ [Sbsbaker] Use powers of two for output size ("--output-size 10,11" now creates a 1024x2048 map)

Added:

○ [Global] Support SD6 new features (sbsrender now use the last version of the engines, sbsmutator now use the new sbs file format and allows to specify a graph physical size,etc.)
    ○ [Global] More flexible boolean parameters (for example "false" can also be specified using "0", "off" or "no")
    ○ [Sbsbaker] Baking resolution up to 8k
    ○ [Sbsbaker] Support non square ratio
    ○ [Sbsmutator] Support graph attributes editing (tags, author, author url, label, category, description, icon, user data, etc.)
    ○ [Sbsmutator] Add "export with dependencies" feature
    ○ [Sbsmutator] graph-parameters-editor is now more flexible (more similar to "specialization"). You can now for example replace image inputs by images
    ○ [Sbsmutator] New edit command (that gather all the possibles options between specialization and graph-parameters-editor)
    ○ [Sbsmutator] Have the possibility to remove outputs on a mutated sbs
    ○ [Sbsmutator] You can now specify several substance files to mutate (using "--inputs")
    ○ [Sbsmutator] Support absolute size with "--connect-image"
    [Sbsmutator] Verbose/quiet modes added
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth

Substance Designer 6.0.1

Fixes:
    • [Bakers] Normal Map from mesh (world space) is flipped on Y axis
    • [Bakers] Baking a mesh with no UV fails to report error
    • [Bakers] Average normal doesn't work
    • [Bakers] SD crashes when baking AO with a specific mesh
    • [Bakers] Output format is not restored properly
    • [Text] custom font doesn't work in player
    • [Text] invalid font warning when re opening a package with font in resources
    • [Text] text input does not work in preview mode
    • [Text] Font parameter can be exposed
    • [Text] freeze/crash when creating a function in the text parameter
    • [Text] Crashes when exposing font size
    • [2D View] Zoom percentage is not displayed correctly when using the "F" key
    • [2D View] Image is shifted when the size is changed
    • [2D View] Discontinuity when displaying the tiling
    • [2D View] Transformation guizmo is not visible/editable in preview mode
    • [3D View] Physical Size not taken into account by PBR Parralax shader
    • [3D View] Refresh rate setting is not correctly restored from one session to another
    • [Graph] multiangle_to_normal prevent publishing
    • [Graph] Output size of pow filter is locked
    • [Graph]Cannot instantiate .sbsar files
    • [Curve] UI cropped
    • [Curve] Numbers display is slightly cropped
    • [Curve] Widget disappear when the toolbar gets resized
    • [Content] Glow node is broken
    • [Content] Tile Sampler: Patterns are invisible if the the tiling is disabled
    • [Content] MG Mask Builder - Inverted Curvature contrast parameters
    • [Content] Color Equalizer: custom_color_variation group parameters not connected
    • [Content] Clone Patch: patch area not visible when positioned in corners
    • [Explorer] Reloading a package while its dependency is opened breaks the dependency package
    • [Explorer] Can't import a 32bit psd resource
    • [Publish] cooking fail (ERR:No inheritance (absolute))
    • [Gradient] Gradient should be displayed as Linear when sRGB is unchecked
    • [Transformation2D] Offset impression when moving a guizmo with axis constraint
    • [Parameters] Mouse focus is stolen by dropdown
    • [Engine] No Tiling has no effect on distance node on GPU engine
    • [Export] Crash when exporting outputs as TGA
    • [MDL] export preset doesn't work

Changes:
    • [Bakers] Improve progress task management
    • [Bakers] Change the error tooltip when no mesh is selected
    • [Properties] 3DView Post Effect parameters should be disabled when "Post Process" are disabled in Preferences
    • [License] Allow specifying a custom path for Substance Designer 6 license
    • [Gradient] Disable the "precision" slider if no gradient picking has been made
    • [Cooker] Ignore missing resource in image input to prevent cooking fail
    • [3D View] Change handling of specular reflections leaks
    • [Graph] Add more parameters for the engine v6 compatibility

• amartinez
    Offline / Send Message
    amartinez polycounter lvl 8
    Uzziel said:
    Regarding the command line/scripting aspect we updated Substance Batchtools to version 6. Here is the changelog :

Substance Batchtools 6.0

(...)
    Glad to hear about all the changes and fixes.
    Is it possible now to force 16 bit processing throughout the graph? Even if a .sbs graph root is set to 16bits, I'm getting a couple of issues:

Issue #1:
    - When 'specializing' a graph, the newly generated graph is always 8bits from start to end (including the main target graph node which was 16bits)

Issue #2
    - Manually change the specialized graph from 8bits to 16bits and create a .sbsar
    - On Substance Player it looks fine, it's visible using 16bits.
    - Using sbsrender behave as if the whole hierarchy is in 8bits again (actually haven't tried using 'render' with .sbs instead of .sbsar). 

All the phases for baking, specializing and output/rendering use PNG files. The bakers using Batchtools do work fine and bake in 16bits.

What gives it away is specially Triplanar projection or other position dependent or uv projection nodes since they require higher precision values.

Edit #1: My mistake, this can't be done. sbsrender only works with .sbsar files.
  • marks
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
    amartinez said:
    Edit #1: My mistake, this can't be done. sbsrender only works with .sbsar files.
    Which seems kind of weird when you think that Designer doesn't need to create and SBSAR to export textures heh
  • Uzziel
    Offline / Send Message
    Uzziel polycounter lvl 7
    amartinez said:

Issue #1:
    - When 'specializing' a graph, the newly generated graph is always 8bits from start to end (including the main target graph node which was 16bits)
    If you specified absolute 16Bits in your base sbs, the specialized one should also use 16B for this node/what will be generated after it, even if the "specialized" one is set on 8B.
    Just to let you now we are synched : in an internal version we added a "--set-bit-depth" command in sbsmutator. Edit : We will also add a way to set it in sbsrender, however in this case it will only be regarding the output file format (not the substance computation).
    Not sure when it will be published (as we have several things to deal with regarding the Batchtools) but it will definitly be available in a future release.
    amartinez said:

Issue #2
    - Manually change the specialized graph from 8bits to 16bits and create a .sbsar
    - On Substance Player it looks fine, it's visible using 16bits.
    - Using sbsrender behave as if the whole hierarchy is in 8bits again (actually haven't tried using 'render' with .sbs instead of .sbsar). 

All the phases for baking, specializing and output/rendering use PNG files. The bakers using Batchtools do work fine and bake in 16bits.

What gives it away is specially Triplanar projection or other position dependent or uv projection nodes since they require higher precision values.

It also relies on the connections you made in your sbs: the bit depth is in "relative to input" by default so you need to be sure you use the one from your graph.
    Using sbsrender (and a format that supports 16b) you should be able to get 16b (quickly tested again on my side).
    By opening you Substance in Designer 6, it can also be a good way to have a preview of the nodes bit depth (by looking at the info at the bottom of the nodes), it can help to see if there is a convertion at some point.

Regarding renders from sbs files, in Substance Designer the context is different (as it's the authoring tools we have more information/are able to compute or access some datas at the sbs level without having to cook the file), we don't use sbsrender, that's why you can only render sbsar files using sbsrender.

If you have more feedbacks (/want to discuss more about a specific point), feel free to create a dedicated post (this way we can iterate with files/Q&A). Anyway thanks for the feedbacks!

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 6.0.3

Changes:
    • [2D View] Display the matrix parameter label in the Transformation menu
    • [Export] Save physical size as dpi in exported textures

Fixes:
    • [Cooker] Bit depth issue
    • [Linker] Pixel Processor: Incorrect GLSL shaders generation
    • [MDL] no colored links between nodes
    • [Parameters] crash when using 'tiling' as parameter name
    • [Explorer] moving a bitmap resource in a package makes the "link/embed" menu popping up
    • [Preferences] Wrong path for mikktspace.dll
    • [3D View] Graph instance with custom usage is not correctly sent to the 3D View
    • [2D View] Transform widget missing in 2D View when tiling preview mode enabled
    • [Engine] crash with high resolution jpeg images
    • [Engine] Sampler bug with Fxmap+HDR
    • [Bakers] UV map baker crash when baking meshes without UV sets
    • [Bakers] crash with mesh which has too much UV sets
    • [Export] Doesn't export the dependencies on steam version
    • [Export] missing bitmaps after export
    • [Graph] graph view missing at launch
    • [Graph] Some Pin Connectors don't snap when hovered
    • [Graph] split points issue
    • [Graph] When a selection contains a comment, the pasted elements will be shifted in the graph
    • [Graph] When a selection containing a frame is pasted, the frame it not selected
    • [Graph] Bit depth information is cut when DPI scaling is set to 125,1520 or 175%
    • [Content] Typos in various Labels
    • [Content] "Pre-Multiplied to Straight" removes alpha channel
    • [Content] Color Match filter renders incorrectly in some situations
    • [Content] HBAO filter can generate negative resolution
    • [Content] Panorama Shape: Hotspot is mirrored in RGB channel
    • [Content] Crop: Ghost graph in pixel processor
    • [Content] Tile Sampler: Position Color parametrization is not normalized
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2017.1

For Substance Designer’s first number-less release, the bakers are undergoing a deep revamp and this is only the first step into making the baking process faster and more enjoyable in subsequent releases. Other updates include improvements to the graph, the HBAO filter and the Autolevel node.

More information in our blogpost.

Changes
    • [Bakers] New UI 
    • [Bakers] Keep a high def mesh cache until the baker window is closed
    • [Bakers] Add an option to correct skew deformation using a grayscale mask 
    • [Bakers] Support use-high-poly-as-low-poly in from-mesh bakers 
    • [Bakers] Make the Bakers window non modal
    • [Bakers] Store state to .sbs file in human readable format
    • [Parameters] Copy/Paste parameters from one graph to another
    • [Parameters] Add an option to copy a single Input Parameter (and paste it afterward)
    • [Parameters] Remove the function button on "Color Mode" parameter
    • [Parameters] Edit/Save/Display embedded parameter presets
    • [Parameters] Allow the user to copy parameters attributes when a package is locked
    • [3D View] No longer store last session 3d view settings in the registry
    • [3D View] Create new 3d resource from current scene
    • [3D View] No longer store the 3D view state from one session to another in the registry
    • [3D View] Merge the "Scene" and "Geometry" menus
    • [3D View] Seperate sRGB conversion from the fragment shader (you will need to update your custom shaders!)
    • [3D View] Add an option to create a new 3d resource from the current state
    • [3D View] Improve error message generated when #include fail into a shader code
    • [3D View][Explorer] Create 3D scene from primitives
    • [3D View] Display correct line number when GLSL shader compilation failed and code contains #include directives
    • [Graph] Be able to resize a frame from all corners/borders
    • [Graph] Store the Parent Size information on the graph resource instead of local registry
    • [Graph] optimize Node thumbnails generation speed
    • [Graph] Expose the memory cache budget in the Preferences
    • [Graph] Add a "Reset and View in 3D View" option on nodes
    • [Content] PBR Converter: Add new Arnold 4/5, Corona 1.6 and Renderman Presets
    • [Content] Optimize AutoLevel node and support HDR input
    • [Content] Optimize HBAO filter when GPU Optimization is off, add 16 samples version
    • [Cooker] output SVG unsupported feature to the log
    • [Cooker] Don't discard all the SVG resource if only one feature is not supported
    • [UI] Increase Description block size
    • [UI] Add file path information on graph instances
    • [Functions] Add "Open Reference" on function instances
    • [Functions] Display function graphs list when drag anddroping .sbs into a function graph
    • [Explorer] Create new 3d resource from primitive
    • [Engine] Add $tiling variable
    • [Curve] Add options to flip horizontally/vertically the curve
    • [Color Management] Read ICC profile on bitmaps
    • [Export] Add "Label", "Group" and "User Data" in the Pattern macro list
    • [Preferences] add the possibility to change the path for temp files
    • [Doc] Add MDL Graph format to the SBS format documentation

Fixes  
    • [Graph] Cache issue: view outputs in 3D View no longer works
    • [Graph] Clear cache issue
    • [Graph] Node thumbnails generation requests are not canceled when graph is invalidated
    • [Graph] Resolution issues after using F5
    • [Graph] graph view missing at launch
    • [Graph] Modifying a parameter generates multiple render call
    • [Graph] crash when using custom template which contains baked maps
    • [Graph] Crash when linked nodes in a graph function
    • [3D View] Parallel loading mess up with ProgressManager
    • [3D View] Rendering with iray at custom resolution image not full frame
    • [3D View][Iray] Material Definition is not kept
    • [2D View] Histogram is empty on LDR images
    • [2D View] Display issue when tiling mode is enabled
    • [MDL] parameters not exposed
    • [MDL] crash when moving a MDL from a package to another while rendering
    • [MDL] Don't ask where to assign the MDL when double clicking on graph
    • [Bakers] Crash when baking specific .obj file
    • [Bakers] Transferred texture from mesh / normal gives a wrong result
    • [Transformation 2D] Can't use arrow keys to change offset in 2D transform node
    • [Transformation 2D] artefact issue with low resolution
    • [Updater] Update report doesn't appear using when Ctrl+o/open
    • [Properties][Format] Some characters are escaped twice in UserTags
    • [Bitmap node] Ctrl Z doesn't work on 2D View
    • [Preference] Useless empty space in the Aliases tab
    • [Installer] Installing a previous version doesn't work the first time
    • [Parameters] drop down list: putting some spaces to the last value label freezes SD indefinitely
    • [UI][MAC] "about Substance" displays Iray info
    • [SVG] crash when importing a specific SVG
    • [Content] HBAO filter: Radius parameter behaves differently in function of the resolution (a new hbao_2.sbs has been added, old hbao.sbs is now deprecated)

Known Issue   
    • [Bakers] Curvature from Mesh baker has been deactivated temporarily
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2017.2.0

Added:

• [Content] Add Floodfill and associated filters (convert a black and white mask to gradients, random colors..etc)
    • [Content] Add new Noises, Grunge Maps and Pattern generators that support non square format (old version are marked as "Legacy")
    • [Content] Added new Splatter Circular with a lot more features
    • [Content] Add new Scratches Generator
    • [Content] Add Swirl filter
    • [Content] Add Histogram Select
    • [Content] Add Star pattern
    • [Content] Add Shape Mapper filter
    • [Content] Add Vector Morph filter
    • [Content] Add Gradient Linear 3
    • [Content] Tile Random / Tile Generator: add symmetry mode (h+v, h, v)
    • [Content] Tile Generator: Add multiple image input
    • [Content] Rename "RGB-A Merge" to "Alpha Merge"
    • [2D View] switch node output display using the C key
    • [2D View] Optimize Histogram / info layout depending on their display ratio
    • [2D View] Add a button to enable/disable the tiling display
    • [3DView] Optimize computation speed of Spherical harmonics
    • [3D View] Update PBR shaders to use Fibonacci sampling instead of Hammersley
    • [3D View] Add an option to save the current scene state as default
    • [3D View][Bakers] Serialize Data in human readable format
    • [Bakers] Add presets export/import (json)
    • [Publish] Create the sbsar archive as non solid
    • [Publish] Store the graph image/thumbnail into the sbsar
    • [Publish] Display a progress bar when a package is being published
    • [Dependencies] Display the .sbs file requesting a dependency in the "Missing dependency window"
    • [Dependencies] Report window: display green icon when the problem has been resolved
    • [Dependencies] Add an option to open the package custom dependencies in the package explorer
    • [Preferences] Add an option to set the default scene state in the project settings
    • [Preferences] Add an option to enable/disable path for the library
    • [Graph] Add an option to make a screenshot (at 1:1 scale) of the graph
    • [Graph] Remove tooltip from the background of compositing graphs
    • [Scripting] Add onBeforeFileLoaded and onAfterFileLoaded callbacks
    • [Engine] Add a Base Parameter to adjust Pixel Ratio mode
    • [Console] Improve Console performances
    • [Parameters] New Position (XY) widget
    • [Iray] Upgrade to IRay SDK 2017.1
    • [PSD] Save PSD widget state as text instead of binary
    • [Library] Use thumbs from sbsar if it exists
    • [Explorer] Rename "Dependencies.." entry to "Dependency Manager"
    • AXF files Import

Fixed:

• [MDL] Fail to export MDL Module if texture is connected to an exposed parameter
    • [MDL] Try to register dependency for MDL string variables (constant node)
    • [MDL] crash after closing the package
    • [MDL] crash when connecting a float 3 to a color node
    • [MDL] can't open nodes library when releasing a link node in a frame
    • [MDL] crash when using a file texture
    • [MDL] Dependency behaviour register too many operands
    • [Graph] Connector names are disabled after FX-Map editing
    • [Graph] crash when undo
    • [Graph] Strange behavior with links between nodes
    • [Graph] Collapsed nodes scatter and detach when undo
    • [Graph] Function instance are not updated when reference is changed
    • [Version Control] Package is reloaded when a Version Control custom action is triggered
    • [Version Control] Disabled version control workspaces are still available in the context menu of a package
    • [Version control] Remove custom action don't remove it from the contextual menu of a package
    • [Properties] Parameter preview is not updated when using the gizmo
    • [Iray] Max time display problem
    • [Iray] Pause option issue
    • [Bakers] crash when baking convert UV to SVG using Korean/Japaneses translation
    • [Bakers] changing the path after a first baking doesn't work
    • [PSD Exporter] undo issue
    • [PSD] folder and layers are locked in Photoshop CS5
    • [UI] color cursor is always set to white when uniform color node is created
    • [UI] Opening an existing tab should display it instead of duplicating it.
    • [Presets] crash when changing parameter type used in a preset
    • [3D View] samplers with same usage are merged
    • [2D View] Pixel information does not work for images whose resolution is not a power of 2
    • [Library] issue when renaming filters
    • [Data] Fix various typo in SBS files
    • [Parameters] level node - auto level precision issue
    • [Preferences] Templates Directories buttons should be disabled for "Default Project
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2017.2.1 - 2017.2.2

Fixed:

• [Content] Typos in "Directional ..." nodes
    • [Content] Various Typos
    • [Content] Tile Sampler is set to "Absolute 32 bit"
    • [Content] Shape Mapper: visible artefacts on the shape border in some cases
    • [Content] tiling and "Non-Square Expansion" parameters in Polygon 1 are broken
    • [Content] "Random Seed" and "Non-Square Expansion" don't work on Anisotropic Noise
    • [Content] Broken "Shape" instance in some Grunge Maps
    • [3D View] UV scaling is not applied if the height scale is 0
    • [3D View] Reflection with shader blinn don't work anymore
    • [2D View] Information window has its layout broken
    • [Graph] issue when controling output size with function on a linked bitmap instanced in a graph
    • [Function] Graph not invalidated when a link is deleted
    • [Library] Favorites don't work
    • [PSD Export] PSD file content change each time an export is done
    • [Gradient] Crash when manipulating keys in the gradient editor
    • [Templates] Position map for Substance Painter templates is incorrect
    • [AxF] Wrong physical height
    • [MDL] UVW scaling from physical size is inverted in MDL SBS nodes
    • [Bakers] $custom doesn't work anymore
    • [Preferences] crash on start on Mac
    • [Engine] Crash when rendering text with GPU engine
    • [Content] Tile Sampler: Row/Column ID does not work properly with non square
    • [Content] Tile Sampler Color: Color parametrization is wrong
    • [Content] Tile Sampler: wrong default value for X / Y pattern amount
    • [Export] Exported PSD are missing metadata
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2017.2.3

Fixed:

• [Content] typo in "PBR Basecolor Validate" node
    • [Content] Disorder parameter is broken in Cells 2
    • [Content] Cells 3 is inverted when using specific values in parameters
    • [Content] Polygon 2: Visual artefacts with specific settings
    • [Content] Tile generator grayscale is in 8 bit by default
    • [Content] Tile sampler: pattern specific random parameter doesn't work
    • [Content] Shape Mapper: random functions can't be used to drive Pattern Amount, Radius, Width..etc
    • [Content] Polygon 2: random functions can't be used to drive Sides amount
    • [Content] Some noises/pattern generators generate warnings in the console
    • [Content] Non-Square-Transform-Grayscale generates a wrong Pixel Size
    • [Content] Swirl filter does not take the tiling mode into account
    • [Graph] Drag and dropping bitmap resource to image Input node no longer works
    • [Graph] CTRL+R (reload) doesn't work anymore
    • [Graph] Problem when using frame in another frame
    • [Graph] Crash when moving frames containing Pins
    • [Graph] "Shape (Legacy)" instance gets transformed into "Shape" on save
    • [Baker] crash when using non power of 2 images
    • [Bakers] Color from mesh: Polygroup, Submesh ID always return a black image
    • [Bakers] AO from Mesh: Occluder distance is clamped to 1 no matter the input value
    • [Iray] Crash switching to Iray
    • [Iray] Tiling value should affect the heighScale intensity
    • [Iray] Fail to load IRay on windows machine where VCCOMP110.dll was not present
    • [3D View][Bakers] UVs can't be decoded from obj exported from Modo
    • [3D View] Displacement intensities are not consistent between Opengl and Iray
    • [3D View] Displacement/Parallax Occlusion intensity is twice what it should be
    • [2D View] offset when displaying image alpha
    • [Cooker] Constant parameter ($tiling) is not found when used inside a graph instance
    • [Cooker] Wrong evaluation of variable in chained instances
    • [Parameters] Bitmap PKG Resource Path should not be editable
    • [Parameters] Parameters in a same group are invisible if only one parameter has its visibility to false
    • [PSD] Can't import/link a PSD file from a folder named with special characters
    • [Functions] Parameters in functions shouldn't have a visibility option
    • [LicenseService] Exception thrown when getting information on nodes
    • [UI] Selecting text in description field keeps it highlighted

• Animatexyz
    Offline / Send Message
    Animatexyz polycounter lvl 2
    Hi guys,

I'm still pretty new to substance designer so please excuse my ignorance. I am going through the Getting Started tutorials which SD 5.5.1 is being used. In the video he sets up  a graph at 2k resolution. While working in the graph he explains that the default resolution is 256 which is displayed on the nodes when set to relative to parent. I'm using SD 2017. I have a graph set up at 2k just like the tut. However, my nodes display 2048 when set to relative to parent. Was there an update since 5.5.1 that sets the relative to parent to your initial graph resolution rather than the default of 256? 
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You now have a way to set the resolution temporarily in the toolbar at the top of your graph view, so you shouldn't have to ever modify the output size in the graph optionsa nymore.
  • Animatexyz
    Offline / Send Message
    Animatexyz polycounter lvl 2
    Jerc said:
    You now have a way to set the resolution temporarily in the toolbar at the top of your graph view, so you shouldn't have to ever modify the output size in the graph optionsa nymore.

Thank you! 
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2017.2.4 - 2017.2.5

Changed

• [AXF Import] Allow to specify the filtering mode on input bitmaps
    • [2D View] Don't change the ratio of the image in the 2D view when the physical size is enabled
    • [Content] Typos in function.sbs
    • [Content] Reduce default range of perlin noise and gaussian noise
    • [3D View] Adjust default range for "Height Scale" Parameter
    • [AXF] Update mdl templates

Fixed

• [Library] crash when enable/disable path in preferences
    • [Baker] Match by name ignore some meshes with specific names
    • [Content] Premult to Straight filter removes alpha channel
    • [3D View][Bakers] Normals are not recomputed if the model has no normals
    • [Graph] Non Square bitmap resource is empty once instantiated
    • [Content] Perlin noise gives different result between CPU and GPU engine
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2018.1 

Changed

• [Bakers] Optimize high-poly baking
    • [Bakers] Improve result on seams for Curvature baker
    • [Bakers] Bake maps for UDIM based mesh
    • [Bakers] Add a dedicated 2D view in the Baker window
    • [Graph] Support for UDIMs
    • [Graph] Optimize cooker performances
    • [Graph] Improve node thumbnails generation speed
    • [Graph] Keep node cache only for opened graphs
    • [Graph] Add toolbar in the compositing graph to control the Thumbnail generation mode
    • [3D View] Add a geometry cache to optimize high definition meshes display
    • [3D View] Support UDIM display (display the current tile)
    • [3D View] Update Rounded Cube with uniform topology
    • [3D View] Avoid saving scene all the time
    • [Content] Add 3D Noises (Perlin, Perlin Fractal, Worley, Simplex) nodes
    • [Content] Add 3D Volume Mask node
    • [Content] Add 3D Linear Gradient node
    • [Content] Add 3D Cube Gbuffers node (useful to previsualize 3D based nodes)
    • [Content] Add 3d Planar Projection node
    • [Content] Add Radial Blur filter
    • [Parameters] Display image input/output properties in the graph properties
    • [Parameters] Allow the edition of resources path
    • [Engine] Support up to 8k textures with the CPU (SSE2) engine
    • [Engine] Allow Grayscale Converter to use HDR weights for HDR engine
    • [Preferences] Add an option to disable the automatic conversion node creation
    • [Preferences] Set the default compression for png to 'best speed'
    • [UI] support html link in Graph properties
    • [UI] Center the "Yes / No / Cancel" Buttons in the save confirmation dialog
    • [Explorer] Enhance Mesh hierarchy display
    • [IRay] Integrate IRay SDK 2017.1.4

Fixed

• [Bakers] Adding a macro in the output name field does not add it on the cursor position
    • [Bakers] No materials are displayed in the list if the object has no material
    • [Bakers] Pressing Enter to confirm baker parameters open a drop-down menu
    • [Bakers] Baking textures should not generate commands in the undo stack
    • [Bakers] Crash baking a Transferred Texture From Mesh without specifying a texture
    • [Explorer] "Save as" should use the existing file name instead of the first resource name
    • [Explorer] Wrong behavior when drag and dropping a resource from one package to another
    • [Explorer] Right mouse click should not open the data in the properties
    • [Explorer] Icon of Scene items don't have the correct background
    • [Graph] Ctrl + D doesn't work on Linux
    • [Graph] Multi relink function sometimes plug only one link
    • [Graph] Ctrl+Shift+D should remove only external links, not internal links
    • [Graph] Link between grayscale and color isn't correct
    • [3D View] Cannot set a resource as an env map
    • [3D View] Mesh info shader don't display results in the right color space
    • [Parameters] Non exposable parameters are still exposable using CTRL+P
    • [Parameters] Text fields are not updated correctly on undo/redo
    • [Content] Artifacts in Grunge Map 003
    • [Content] Vector morph grayscale primary input seems incorrect
    • [Cooker] sbscooker generates an error when a resource is missing
    • [Cooking] Crash with stack overflow when node chain is too long
    • [UI] 'Quit' button in license management doesn't work
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2018.1.1 

Changed

• [3D View] Set default range of "Tesselation factor" to [0, 16]

Fixed

• [3D View] Weird visual artefact with specific AMD GPU
    • [3D View] Freeze with specific AMD GPUs
    • [3D View][Bakers] Generated normals from .obj have hard edges on UV seam
    • [3D View] Crash while computing spherical harmonics
    • [Bakers] Can't set resource as "embedded"
    • [Bakers] crash when baking
    • [Bakers] Baking 2 different versions of a map from UDIM mesh is broken
    • [Bakers] crash when switching between contextual and non contextual graph
    • [Bakers] Having the same baker twice will make them synchronized
    • [Bakers] renaming the $(custom) macro prevents baking correctly
    • [Bakers] Refreshing a baked map should blocks the UI
    • [Bakers] Refresh All baked maps creates empty resources
    • [Bakers] Pressing "Enter" to confirm a parameter value removes the high poly
    • [Content] Tile Generator: Rotation Random error when X and Y Amount are different
    • [Content] some grunge maps contains ghost instances
    • [Content] Cube 3d: using random functions in parameters does not give expected result
    • [Content] Fractal noises are not rendered correctly when Non Square Expansion is off
    • [Content] Cells 2 and Cells 4 don't behave correctly when Non Square Expansion is off
    • [Graph] Updating a sbsar instance creates a ghost graph
    • [Graph] Assignment through right click should not display UV tiles sub menu for non UDIM meshes
    • [Graph] Republished sbsar is not correctly updated
    • [Graph] Nodes not invalidated correctly when resource changes
    • [Cooker] Premult alpha blending parameter is not correctly retrieved from sbsar
    • [Cooker] levels filter does not clamp values when cooked in a sbsar
    • [Cooker] Implicit transform are performed before FX-Map nodes
    • [Explorer] Pressing del key on a package asks the user if he wants to delete it
    • [Explorer][Bakers] Relocate issue
    • [Curve] Random crash when manipulating keys in the curve editor
    • [MDL] Gamma Type not correctly set for custom usage
    • [Parameters] Crash exposing a parameter with the same identifier as an existing input
    • [Properties] Output usage is edited with insensitive case

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2018.1.2 

Changed

• [3D View] Allow to set the default light state in the Project settings
    • [Version Control] Remove the timeout of 30s when calling the python scripts

Fixed

• [Content] Fractal Sum Base: wrong result with the third level (new graph has been added)
    • [Content] 3D Perlin Noise Fractal is forced to 32bit
    • [Content] Gradient Linear 3 does not give the right result when using non uniform size
    • [Content] Normal Sobel does not support tiling options
    • [Content] Checker_1 is forced to 8bit
    • [Content] Multiangle to Normal: internal computation issue
    • [Content] Stripes Pattern does not support negative "Shift" values (engine crash)
    • [MDL] Crash when trying to open a specific MDL project
    • [MDL] MDL Graph is not computed after a closed/reopened operation
    • [Export] Outputs from unassigned graphs are exported using the batch tool
    • [Export] Exporting C16F in exr generates grayscale image
    • [Bakers] Skew features are not disabled in UI when baking with a cage
    • [Bakers] Crash when cage doesn't have corresponding UV set
    • [Cooker] sbscooker: cooking error related to "blend_switch.sbs"
    • [Cooker] Published graph does not render correctly
    • [Engine] Transformation 2D: matte color is not correct
    • [Explorer] Crash when re-importing a FBX mesh
    • [Color Widget] Grayscale color picker only picks red channel value
    • [3D View] Usage "textcoordN" doesn't work anymore
    • [Iray] Normal Map is applied twice for dielectrics
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2018.2 

Summer is finally here! And our Substance Designer release will definitely keep you from the sun. With a fresh new look and tons of new content, the Substance Designer Summer 2018 release will be your best material authoring companion.

You can find more information about all the new features and improvements in our blogpost!

Added:

• [UI] New Style
    • [UI] New Sliders
    • [UI] Make floating windows really floating
    • [UI] Change Preferences Window layout
    • [UI] Library: remove filter bar
    • [UI] Library: remove selection display overlay
    • [UI] Add a message in the taskbar when the application is Autosaving a package
    • [UX] Properties: merge "function" and "reset to default" menus
    • [Content] New Shape Splatter (+ companion filters) nodes
    • [Content] Add Flood Fill to Color/Grayscale filters
    • [Content] New Flood Fill support: support shapes with holes
    • [Content] Flood Fill to Gradient: add Slope and Angle image input
    • [Content] Optimize the Auto Level filter
    • [Content] New Shape Extrude filter
    • [Content] Material Transform: add support for rotated normal maps
    • [Content] New Normal Vector Rotation and Normal Transform filters
    • [Content] Normal Normalize: improve result quality.
    • [Content] New Trapezoid Transform filter
    • [Content] New Quad Transform filter
    • [Content] Add Hemisphere pattern to Shape node
    • [Content] Add new Gradients with controls in the 2D View
    • [Content] Add UV output to "Cube GBuffers" node
    • [Graph] Frame: ignore title text larger than the frame bbox for selection
    • [Graph] Add support for in context edition of sub graphs (experimental)
    • [Graph] Creating Frame/Comment should affect the node under the cursor when using RMB
    • [Graph] Frame: ignore title text larger than the frame bbox for selection
    • [Graph] Reuse existing tab when opening a function already opened
    • [Graph] Create a new tab when "Open Reference" is used
    • [Graph] Function: don't display function properties when clicking on the background
    • [Parameters] Remove "Expose" button from fxmap graphs
    • [Parameters] Level: Add an "Invert" button
    • [Parameters] Expand the "Input Parameters" group when creating a new input parameter
    • [Properties] Add the package url info in the graph attributes
    • [Properties] Increase the description field size for output nodes
    • [Properties] Allow to enter Per Pixel Function of Pixel Processor even for read-only packages
    • [Scipting] New Python API / Python editor (first iteration)
    • [Bakers] Optimize geometry transfer during rendering
    • [3D View] Switch to OpenGL Core Profile
    • [3D View] Support tesselation/displacement on Mac
    • [Functions] Function Resource: list image inputs in sampler nodes

Fixed:

• [Graph] crash when linking a node to another
    • [Graph] getting variables in graph random seed function does not work
    • [Graph] crash when drag and dropping noise in a graph
    • [Graph] crash when opening a specific graph
    • [Content] Result is different between Tile Random Color and Grayscale
    • [Content] Tile Random: Result changes when modifying the "Symmetry Random Mode"
    • [Content] Edge detect doesn't work with non-square resolutions
    • [Bakers] Artifacts while baking curvature using a UDIM mesh
    • [Bakers] Ambient Occlusion map from mesh is inverted while using a normal map
    • [Bakers] UV sets list should be restricted to available UV sets
    • [Explorer] crash when deleting resources while baking
    • [Transform2D] Crash when exposing Mip map level and Background Color parameters
    • [Transform2D] Misbehavior while exposing a Transform MipMap level
    • [PSDExport] PSD exporter doesn't export grayscale 32F correctly
    • [2D View] Histogram computation not working with 16F nodes
    • [PSD] Linked PSD are broken
    • [Cooker] Function in outputsize parameter is not correctly evaluated
    • [Export] Export outputs path should be the same as the package path
    • [Export] Export path is not saved using an empty pattern
    • [Templates] Missing group for Position in Painter template
    • [Help] command line help does not display --news on Mac
    • [Dependencies] Exporting twice after modifying a folder name doesn't work
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    The node align function alone is worth the ballache I'm going to face porting our shaders over on Monday...

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2018.2.2

Fixed:

• [Content] Shape Shadow does not work correctly when tiling is off
    • [Content] Floodfill to Random grayscale / color doesn't work correctly in some cases
    • [Content] Flood Fill is incorrect in non-square
    • [Content] Flood fill to Color / Grayscale is broken
    • [Content] QuadTransform is jaggy in CPU
    • [Content] Star Shape outputs a "No Tiling" tiling mode
    • [Content] Shape Splatter Blend Color output absolute 32f bitdepth
    • [Content] Shape Splatter Blend Color is long to compute if its format is not set to 32F
    • [Graph] Crash when linking image as Input of a Fx-Map while Iterate properties are displayed
    • [Graph] Timings seems wrong while editing graph in-context
    • [Graph] Random crash when saving graph
    • [Graph] material mode doesn't work with sbsar
    • [3D View] Material assignment is not restored correctly
    • [3D View] Some 3Dview state file settings are not loaded correctly
    • [2D View] Alpha display always displays black
    • [2D View] Display Image to grayscale button does not work for images with alpha
    • [UI] dependency manager spawn on start even when not activated on Mac
    • [UI] Some buttons perform actions even when releasing the mouse outside
    • [API] Crash when trying to keep an array item outside the scope of the array where he comes from
    • [MDL Graph] Node preview is upside down
    • [MDL Graph] Displacement of the preview node is different than in the 3DView
    • [Console] Performances gets very slow when the console contains many message
    • [Console] Qt warnings when launching Designer on CentOS
    • [FX-Map] Crash while deleting links between inputs and FX-map
    • [Functions] Can't set a string type node as output in Function Resource
    • [Preferences] There is no focus in the preferences menu, user can accidentally change a value while scrolling
    • [FX-Map] Input Image Index combobox not updated correctly when adding/removing inputs
    • [Dependencies] Crash when deleting UDIM resources used in a graph
    • [API] SDLocationContext.getCurrentGraph() always return null
    • [Publish] Wrong URL to Substance Player downloading page

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2018.3.0

Main highlights include the world's fastest bakers powered by NVidia DXR technology, graph UI improvements, new scripting options and a new incredible Render node!
    You can find more details about all the new features in our blogpost.

Added

• [Graph] Add a Breadcrumb when editing sub-graphs / functions
    • [Graph] Add TAB as a shortcut to spawn the "node menu"
    • [Graph] Node highlighter for parent nodes of selection
    • [Graph] Add Ctrl+E as shortcut to open Pixel Processor function and subgraphs
    • [Graph] Connect new node to first visible output of selected node
    • [Graph] Add node 'Badges'
    • [Graph] Add warning on compositing nodes through badges
    • [Graph] Add the possibility to search a node by its name, attributes or UID
    • [API] Allow to create and modify data
    • [API] Allow to export SDPackage and SDMDLGraph to MDL Modules (see SDMDLExporter)
    • [API] Allow to retrieve all nodes, enums and struct definitions (see SDModuleMgr)
    • [3D View] Switch to cubemaps for the OpenGL renderer
    • [3D View] Export linear hdr image when saving to .exr or .hdr
    • [Bakers] Integrate DXR raytracing technology
    • [IRay] Integrate IRay SDK 2018.1
    • [Engine] SSE (CPU) Engine support for hdr floating point image processing
    • [Engine] Add a command line option (--gpu x) to specify the GPU device dedicated to the Substance engine
    • [Content] New PBR render node
    • [UI] Rework tabs and title bar
    • [Dependency Manager] Prevent updating the dependency list when user actions don't affect dependencies

Fixed

• [Graph] Crash when instantiating a graph into itself
    • [Graph] Duplicated node is not selected
    • [Graph] computing problem when using a same node instance in 2 different MDL graph
    • [Graph] the Z key should center the view at the scene bbox center
    • [Graph] Ignore colorspace in the connection rules when using material link
    • [Graph] Avoid opening outputs in 3D view when opening a graph in conli
    • [Graph] Paste nodes is slow when "Open newly created node" is enabled
    • [3D view] Assert when drag and dropping a specific mesh
    • [3D view] UV scale enabled option doesn't work on height map
    • [Content] Tri-Planar: Various Issues regarding axis and transforms
    • [Content] Slope Blur Grayscale: one of the samples does not have the right blending mode when using min or max
    • [Content] Gradient linear 2 wrong result at low resolution
    • [API] SDPackage.findResourceFromUrl() could also retrieve resources located in another SDPackage
    • [API] SDPackage.getChildrenResources() always returns the first element in non recursive mode
    • [API] [Documentation] Enums, structs located in 'generated' folder are not reflected in the documentation
    • [UI] 2D view width should not be constrained
    • [Gradient] Crash when picking on Mac
    • [Explorer] Crash when closing and re opening a graph
    • [Mac] Color picker does not work on multiple screen
    • [Parameters] Spin box on integer parameters doesn't work
    • [Cooker] Crash when creating certain nodes on OSX 10.13
    • [Curve Filter] Keys and control points can end up with a -0.0 or a weird "almost zero" value in the Curve editor
    • [2D View] Position widget are not available for graphs coming from sbsar
    • [PSD] Layer issue after exporting with dependencies

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator

SD 2018.3.1 - SD 2018.3.3

Lots of fixes!

Fixed:

• [Content] PBR Base Material outputs does not have the right group name

Changed:

• [Bakers] Add a label indicating the current suffix setting for "Match By Name"

Fixed:

• [Graph] Crash while manipulating split points
    • [Graph] Invalidation issue when input node bitdepth is changed
    • [Graph] Thumbnail computation options no longer work
    • [Graph] Empty space is displayed under the breadcrumb with a specific UI layout
    • [Graph] Link style is incorrect in context
    • [Graph] Thumbnails are not correctly displayed in function/mdl graphs on Hi DPI screens
    • [Content] Shape Splatter Blend Color: no option to specify the normal map format
    • [Content] Spelling mistake in linear interpolation tooltip
    • [Content] Normal Transform does not handle mirror and skew transformation correctly
    • [Content] Gradient Axial, Radial, Circular do not support random functions
    • [Content] Gradient Radial does not work correctly in non square
    • [API] output_exporter.sbs always needs to be updated when using export_output script
    • [API] Crash after using export_output script
    • [API] Fail to set numerical value of annotations on Compositing Graph inputs
    • [Explorer] Random crash when saving a project
    • [Explorer] Can't open sbs with uppercase extension
    • [UI] "New Substance" window size is not persistent
    • [UI] Right click menu on function instance is not consistent with compositing graph
    • [Bakers] Crash when opening the bakers on a specific mesh
    • [Bakers] Wrong computation for DXR bakers when UVs have a 0 ordinate value
    • [Updater] Crash when canceling updater
    • [3D View] Sphere primitive has its UVs offset by 1 unit
    • [Cooker] Random dithering when cooking bitmaps
    • [Player] Window control buttons are small
    • [Player] Button icons are broken

Changed:

• [API] Add SDConnection.getOutputProperty() and SDConnection.getOutputPropertyNode()
    • [API] Add doc about all resources definitions
    • [API] Change SDSBSCompNode annotation property 'visibleif' to 'visible_if' for consistency

Fixed:

• [Graph] Hitting the TAB key a second time does not close the Node menu
    • [Graph] 3D View badges does not work correctly in some situations
    • [Graph] Read-only packages can be modified
    • [Bakers] Progress bar acts in a weird manner when loading a very high poly mesh
    • [Bakers] Artifacts on mesh with in-facing normals
    • [Bakers] Bakers output and parameters widget can't be uncollapsed
    • [Explorer] 3D resources are loaded when a package is opened
    • [CmdLineArgs] "--news hide_changelog:true" does not work anymore